Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

CFR's with power duals and big sucker

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:37 PM
MDT
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR's with power duals and big sucker

I'm really needing some serious opinions on this. Like I've said before l have a 2012 Streetglide with Dynojet jet power vision tuner, Arlen Ness big sucker a/c, V&H power duals headers. I really want to add CFR slip on mufflers. I've talked to Fuel Moto where I got my set up and was told I would lose a lot of low end torque with those mufflers even with their tuning. Now I've read several post that say they have no problems and highly recommend them. Give me plenty of inside please.. I don't want to do any motor work. Can someone explain why or why not use CFR mufflers. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:07 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

Yes, CFR's will negatively affect the bottom end torque. Will it be to a degree that bothers you, only you can determine that. The guys, me included, that run CFR mufflers do it for the amazing sound they produce, not for the power or lack thereof they make. If you are worried about losing some of your bottom end, look elsewhere; if you want your bike to sound unique and are not worried about making the most power with your chosen stage one components, give them a shot.

The following users liked this post:
MDT (02-15-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 01:05 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I bought them for amazing sound. Its not like your bike is gonna run like a turd. I've been running my CFR's for about 1.5 years and absolutely love them. I'm not sure what the loss in torque is supposed to feel like but I have no compliants.

And for the record, the guys at Fuel Moto are always going to say negative stuff about CFR's because they don't like them. But, there are hundreds/thousands of users out there who love them.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:08 PM
MDT
Novice
Default Cfr

Thanks to all for the input

Old 02-25-2017, 01:49 PM
martinj
Club Member

Received 15,167 Likes on 6,207 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
I bought them for amazing sound. Its not like your bike is gonna run like a turd. I've been running my CFR's for about 1.5 years and absolutely love them. I'm not sure what the loss in torque is supposed to feel like but I have no compliants.

And for the record, the guys at Fuel Moto are always going to say negative stuff about CFR's because they don't like them. But, there are hundreds/thousands of users out there who love them.
If Fuel Moto doesn't like them it's most likely for the simple reason that they kill power. And Fuel Moto is in the business of selling power. If you like the sound that's great, but it's a little bit disingenuous in my opinion to knock a company the way you did without assessing their reasoning first--if indeed they actually don't like them. All I heard the OP say is that FM said they would hurt the low end. I see no value judgment here--just a simple fact.........

Old 04-10-2017, 07:07 AM
clayshooterwv
5th Gear

The low end torque loss is not that noticeable however I bought a set of CFR's in 2014 and already sent them back once because chrome was peeling off tips and it is peeling off again. Great sound but not pleased with the quality. I would go back to my V&H big shots.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:47 AM
DagoRiding
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of CFR's and haven't really noticed any low end loss. I love the sound and its not like this is a sport bike so what the hell do I care. I just like to roll around on the bike and have a nice sound that isn't TOO loud. I had gutted pipes and all that on another bike of mine back in the day and that **** was deafening. You have to just decide on the sound you want and go with what you like. As other people had suggested on other postings. Go to some bike nights and listen to others set up and find out what you like and pay for what you like.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:51 AM
roadchaser
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default cfr's

I have them on a 2013 hd limited..
Vance&Hines power duals/cfr slipons
Stage 1 intake
255 cams
thundermax autotune,,,,,,, Runs perfect !! No bottom end tq loss at all!! Sounds great!!

You may want to tune with a t-max auto tune..Much better tuning device than the power vision.
My opinion.. Hope this helps...

Peace and Prayers

Old 04-11-2017, 06:14 AM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If you like the look and sound that much just buy them. A real tune on the dyno will help no matter what. Every forum I have been on mentions CFRs lowing low end power. But if you trying to accelerate enough to notice the power loss... Down shift!!!

I ran a thunderheader for a couple years on a 117" cause I love the look and sound. I still miss it sometimes. I would still have it if I didn't want duals for my stretched bags.

The only exhaust I would never recommend or try to talk someone out of it those V&H dual head pipes that really kill power.

Last edited by mstng5point0; 04-11-2017 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:16 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by mstng5point0
If you like the look and sound that much just buy them. A real tune on the dyno will help no matter what. Every forum I have been on mentions CFRs lowing low end power. But if you trying to accelerate enough to notice the power loss... Down shift!!!

I ran a thunderheader for a couple years on a 117" cause I love the look and sound. I still miss it sometimes. I would still have it if I didn't want duals for my stretched bags.

The only exhaust I would never recommend or try to talk someone out of it those V&H dual head pipes that really kill power.
Thunderheader makes slip ons as well. Been thinking about picking them up if they sound anything like the 2-1, but haven't found anyone around here that has them to hear them in person.