Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Samson Caliber Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 12:13 AM
igniter
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson Caliber Exhaust

Has anyone heard any info about the Samson Caliber 2:1 exhaust system? I am considering a new exhaust system and I think I would like to try 2:1's. I have heard alot about Thunderheaders but I saw a picture of the Calibers in a mag. I hope someone has some info. Thanks

Old 01-31-2005, 01:23 AM
igniter
Cruiser
Default RE: Samson Caliber Exhaust

Well I see by the replies that no one seems to have any info. In the ad it states that these pipes have a four step header, full heat shields, and Samson seems to be a reputible company. So as soon as I get a set I will post how they work.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

First of all welcome to the forum's, 2nd of all glad to see someone buying some new exhaust to try, I think the caliber exhaust will be a good choice, stepped and 2in1, the best of both world's sort of speak. Let us no after the install hoe they work.[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 02-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A club brother and I both recently got new rides, he went withthe Caliber and I went with V&H....Caliber seems a little louder but looks good. Think it's jsut a matter of personal taste.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Hey Homer how did the guy like the performance of the caliber's and how much louder are they, I'm still toying around with the idea of getting some other exhaust other than the SEIIs that I have.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:40 PM
igniter
Cruiser

Well my pipes are ordered. Should be here next week. I will give a fullreport when they are installed.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:14 PM
jstartz
Intermediate

if you go to https://www.directparts.com/static/a...thecaliber.htm direct parts has an "article" on the claibur dual system. Sounds impressive but I'm not sure about the objectivity. I have not seen anything yet on the calibur 2 to 1.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:34 AM
igniter
Cruiser

Well I got the pipes! I opened the box to inspect and everything was there. It comes with two different baffles, all the hardware, etc. Removed the old pipes, both old mounting brackets, and the old exhaust port gaskets. Cleaned evrything up and started the install. Its tricky to get the pipe on due to it being one solid piece. But it wasnt bad. Then I installed the new mounting bracket, tightened everything up and installed the heat shields. The chrome is flawless. Last thing you do is install the baffle and end cap. The only thing that was not included and that no one at Samson or the retailer mentioned is that you need a shorter boltfor the passenger footpeg. The old bolt went through the exhaust mount and into the frame. So now that this mount is no longer installed the bolt is an inch to long. Other than that it was pretty simple. Took the bike for a spin, the sound is a deep throaty sound. The performance just by feeling in the seat of the pants is a good strong pull through the whole powerband. I will post more info and some pictures later.[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 02-12-2005, 01:42 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member

Sound's great igniter, keep us posted after you ride awhile.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:25 PM
rdking
Tourer

Tn. Heritage,

I ordered SE II's for my new '05 RK Classic. What is it about them that makes you want to change?[&:]

Quick Reply: Samson Caliber Exhaust