Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Superflow B&E 2.25" mufflers from ebay *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Seawolf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superflow B&E 2.25" mufflers from ebay *UPDATE*

I've read a lot of posts about the mufflers from Bobvic on ebay. I just ordered a set of the 2.25" B&E Superflow mufflers from ebay for my 05 eletra glide/street glide.

I basically wanted to change the sound and nothing else. If I happen to get a small HP boost then it's icing on the cake for me. Most of the posts here are old and talk about the Max2 mufflers. Anyone with experience on these Superflow B&E mufflers and how do they compare to the Rush slipons. If anyone has a sound bite of these mufflers I would really like to hear what I'm getting. thanks

*UPDATE*

Got the pipes in today and I am very happy with the purchase. I had one small ding on the right pipe, but it was in a position toward the bike and out of view so you cannot see it. Otherwise the pipes were flawless.

It took a matter of minutes to get the mufflers off and the new ones on. Cranked the bike up and WOW! I had no idea how quiet the stock muffs were.lol
I was afraid these B&E mufflers would be tin sounding and raspy, but they were nothing like that. Bike cranked right up and it was a deep rumble that you could feel hitting your chest. I'm not exagerating when I say it was the best sound I have ever heard on a bike.

I'm not one to like the loud raspy bikes so I may be a bit biased, but I was very impressed when I first heard them. She finally sounds like a harley should.

So enough product endorsment. If I had to compare them to anything I have heard I would say they sound a lot like the 2.50" Rush slipons and I am basing that on the sound file they have on their web site. I have a firend withan 03 Electra Glide and true duel rinehart pipes and it's going to be interesting to see the look on his face when he hears the sound coming out of these "Stock" pipes.

I did go on a short test ride and performed several downshifts along the way. I did not get any popping on decel and the engine performed just as it did with the original pipes except now there is a little more authority when I roll the throttle.

I highly recommend these for the budget challenged like me.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
fatbob
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Superflow B&E 2.25" mufflers from ebay

Would you let us know how you like them. Too loud, not loud enough, etc. I'm thinking of the same set. Thanks

Old 06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

I'll definantly post here when I get them installed.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a borrowed set on my bike w/KlockWerks headpipes until I can get my FatCat back on. I had a clearence issue with the new R&R camplate, but they are modifying the cover design to accomodate more pipes, including the FatCat ~ talk about great cust svc!

The B&E's sound pretty good. I would consider them quiet, but certainly better than stock.

I just can't get past the ridiculous look of two pipes on a Bagger!!!!!!!!!! [:@]It's AWEFUL!

Old 06-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

That's wierd because I always considered the dual pipe look on the bagger to be an exclusive bagger thing. From the rear a 2 into 1 system just looks out of wack to me.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

bump

Old 06-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

Went for a long ride today. Very pleased so far. On the highway I get a nice rumble, but I can still hear the radio and not so loud I get a headache. When I need to be quiet rolling through a neighborhood it makes a nice low rumble, but when I get on the throttle ithas a wicked bark.It's almost like the sound waves from a sub woofer hitting you in the chest. The sound from these pipes hit you like that. Very deep and no rasp whatsoever.

At any rate, I know I am putting these pipes over, but they are the perfect fit for me and I couldn't feel better about them. Definantly woke my bike up.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:09 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sound clips?

Old 06-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Seawolf
Tourer

http://www.epiflex.com/rush_touring.html

Go here and listen to the 2.50" mufflers. This is the closest sound I could find to my Superflow B&E pipes.