Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

New Jersey Dyno Tuners

Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 AM
DCRANER
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Jersey Dyno Tuners

ORIGINAL: Doc 1

I know of hundreds of experienced SERT tuners that don't have a clue....lol
Hey now Doc 1, I know you are well known for your talents() and if JD's learned from you then I am sure he is an excellent choice.

But, I mentioned the guy at Ocean Harley as he SERT tuned my 05 103" WG, nice job,and is known for being a trusted top guy. I would only suggest a good source to someone here and he happened to be very close by for the poster also. Yes, there are HD trained tuners that don't know a whole lot.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

I was just stating a fact there DCRANER....not looking for a fight, it's no sweat of my brow where ever he goes.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:50 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

well DC you and i know each other and i think you know i have been pretty much al over the state of nj... i have had my bike tuned at 3 diffrent locations by 3 diffrent hd tecs who were highly recomened... and none of them can hold a stick to JD's.. now im sure your recomendation is good but will they back their work if there is pinging issues later i dont think so. not to throw mud but sometimes its better off to let the professional tuners tune and all the rest think they can. not only did doc train him but he is also doing a lot of builds that the dealers would screw up. there is a diffrence between a dyno tune and a custom dyno tune, you have read it evey where and know what we are talking about.
local hd shops can tune for afr and their own combo now i also know that a lot of dealers use hd maps for their tunes so if you want the same map and save some time just down load it your self to save some cash..
it all comes down to this how good do you want the bike to run....

Old 04-01-2008, 03:02 PM
DCRANER
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Doc 1

I was just stating a fact there DCRANER....not looking for a fight, it's no sweat of my brow where ever he goes.
Well, I really also sent that response to bring SEDELUXE out of hiding, though we needed a little excitement today.

Have a good day Mr. Doc1.

Old 04-01-2008, 03:08 PM
DCRANER
Tourer

ORIGINAL: SEDELUXE

well DC you and i know each other and i think you know i have been pretty much al over the state of nj... i have had my bike tuned at 3 diffrent locations by 3 diffrent hd tecs who were highly recomened... and none of them can hold a stick to JD's.. now im sure your recomendation is good but will they back their work if there is pinging issues later i dont think so. not to throw mud but sometimes its better off to let the professional tuners tune and all the rest think they can. not only did doc train him but he is also doing a lot of builds that the dealers would screw up. there is a diffrence between a dyno tune and a custom dyno tune, you have read it evey where and know what we are talking about.
local hd shops can tune for afr and their own combo now i also know that a lot of dealers use hd maps for their tunes so if you want the same map and save some time just down load it your self to save some cash..
it all comes down to this how good do you want the bike to run....
Yes SEDELUXE, you are mostly right, I just wanted to help the guy find someone close who I felt would do a good job. I am sure that Doc1 & JD's are terrific sources, he would just have to travel further to get their knowledge.

Keep that HP coming & ride safe my friend.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

Dc JD's will come and pick his bike up now how fu(kin close can ya get.... you dont even have to look for a ride home. Just remember you da man.....
now on another note we are setting up a ride DC north as soon as my bike is done. are you still coming with us ...i hope so its been awhile since we chatted and i am looking forward to seeing ya again.