Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Is screamin eagle 110 kit worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:54 AM
bobby5
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is screamin eagle 110 kit worth it?

One of my buddies had a screaming eagle ultra and he had them rebuild the engine and replaced all the screaming eagle parts. I could prbably get a deal on all the jugs, heads and cam and everything and was wondering if it would be worth doin? My engine is a stock 96 with stage 1 and pipes.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser
Default RE: Is screamin eagle 110 kit worth it?

ORIGINAL: bobby5

One of my buddies had a screaming eagle ultra and he had them rebuild the engine and replaced all the screaming eagle parts. I could prbably get a deal on all the jugs, heads and cam and everything and was wondering if it would be worth doin? My engine is a stock 96 with stage 1 and pipes.
Got to change the crank for the 110. To much work. The harley shop is going to charge the heck out of you. Head quarters has some unreal builds going on right now for good prices. What i can tell you from experience, Get on here and do a SEARCH and learn from others mistakes and what is good and what ain't. The harley shop is good for STOCK engines and thats it. If you want perfoemance, move on to someone else. Trust me on that one. And remember. theres no replacement for displacement. Good luck.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crank is the same. 4.375 stroke. The case would have to be bored to use those 110 cylinders.
Go to that much trouble, as Take said, I'd go up the line. If I was going to bore the cases I'd go to Axtell or Jims for cylinders. They'll even fit the pistons and rings for you.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As others have said, there are many better options out there. I don't care how "cheap" you can get it.... It still "is what it is".

Out'a curiosity, did your buddy tell ya he yanked it from his bike?

Old 05-13-2008, 12:37 PM
TakeNoCrap
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Old Gunny

Crank is the same. 4.375 stroke. The case would have to be bored to use those 110 cylinders.
Go to that much trouble, as Take said, I'd go up the line. If I was going to bore the cases I'd go to Axtell or Jims for cylinders. They'll even fit the pistons and rings for you.
Your right. I was told the crank had to be worked on. New bearings and all. Case bored.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the money and effort I'd go a bigger. At least to 124". I'm partial to S&S kits because I've had good luck with them. Others may disagree. Either way, you'll have to have the left side of the engine case machined to upgrade to the timken bearing. Again, my .02, there is no substitute for cubic inches!

Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

If you go to the cvoharley forum you can read many posts on the oil leakagein many ofthe 110" SE motors in SE Ultras and the inability to find a good fix from the factory.

Personally, I'd pass on the "opportunity."

Old 05-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your gonna split the cases , might as well go bigger. You can easily go to 113 with you stock crank , but I would have it pinned and trued at a minimum and the Timken bearing conversion. HeadQuarters makes a killer 113 kit, and if ya want more, there is always the 120 but now you are taling purchasing a crank as well as al the other components..

I too wonder why your bud pulled the SE stuff off??

Old 05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

If you go to the cvoharley forum you can read many posts on the oil leakagein many ofthe 110" SE motors in SE Ultras and the inability to find a good fix from the factory.

Personally, I'd pass on the "opportunity."

just to set the record straight. i had an 07 S.E. Ultra...yes the rear rocker box gasket sprung a leak as many of them did. HD has fixed the gasket problem and they are not having leakage probs anymore.
with that said....when i got my new bones, the dealer would not put a 110 in the bike, because they were have tons of problems in other areas with that engine build....i personally would stay away from it. good luck

Old 05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent a good portion of the day yesterday with an indy shop and dyno...the guy knows his stuff. He says that the best bang for the buck is a good 103 with a 255 or 257 and the SE heads...dynoed an 08 bagger this week and got 108 HP and 122 TQ out of it using the new RT.

Quick Reply: Is screamin eagle 110 kit worth it?