Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Exhaust System Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by: Samson Exhaust

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Hang Around
Default Broken carb fuel line connector

[:@]&nbsp\\; Yes, I'm a dumb-***!&nbsp\\; I broke the plastic 90 degree fuel line connector at the carb.&nbsp\\; This is a stock HD carb on a '94 Evo.&nbsp\\; It broke at the point where the plastic meets the brass, so the connector hasn't damaged the carb body.&nbsp\\; Is this a part I can replace from the local auto parts store?&nbsp\\; Or am I screwed into waiting for the nearest shop to order it?
&nbsp\\;
Next question:&nbsp\\; Does this connector screw in or press in?&nbsp\\; If it screws in, is it right or left hand threads?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Yes I do have the HD manual, but it doesn't say anything about this dumb-assed mistake.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Broken carb fuel line connector

If it's anything like my 90, it presses in and rotates freely.&nbsp\\; As far as getting it at a parts store, I doubt they would have a correct part number so you would be using trial and error. &nbsp\\;

Sometimes the best answer is silence.

PRETENTIOVS LATINUS BVLLSHITVS
Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Prospect
Default RE: Broken carb fuel line connector

What a coincidence.&nbsp\\; I just replaced mine last night.&nbsp\\; The fitting presses in.&nbsp\\; It can be removed easily with a pair of vice grips, twisting back and forth (thanks doc).&nbsp\\; The good news is the plastic/brass fitting is obsolete and has been replaced by an all brass piece.&nbsp\\; Bad news is, my dealer said it would take 7-10 business days to get.&nbsp\\; Went on a 1200 mile trip to Vermont from Alabama&nbsp\\;last week and stopped off at a HD dealer in New York that happened to have on in stock.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;
Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM

P

Tags
broke, broken, carb, carburater, carburetor, change, connector, cracked, davidson, fitting, fuel, gas, harley, line, number, part