Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Broken carb fuel line connector

Old 06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Wampuscat
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Broken carb fuel line connector

[:@]&nbsp\\; Yes, I'm a dumb-***!&nbsp\\; I broke the plastic 90 degree fuel line connector at the carb.&nbsp\\; This is a stock HD carb on a '94 Evo.&nbsp\\; It broke at the point where the plastic meets the brass, so the connector hasn't damaged the carb body.&nbsp\\; Is this a part I can replace from the local auto parts store?&nbsp\\; Or am I screwed into waiting for the nearest shop to order it?
&nbsp\\;
Next question:&nbsp\\; Does this connector screw in or press in?&nbsp\\; If it screws in, is it right or left hand threads?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Yes I do have the HD manual, but it doesn't say anything about this dumb-assed mistake.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Broken carb fuel line connector

If it's anything like my 90, it presses in and rotates freely.&nbsp\\; As far as getting it at a parts store, I doubt they would have a correct part number so you would be using trial and error. &nbsp\\;

Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Bama Harley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken carb fuel line connector

What a coincidence.&nbsp\\; I just replaced mine last night.&nbsp\\; The fitting presses in.&nbsp\\; It can be removed easily with a pair of vice grips, twisting back and forth (thanks doc).&nbsp\\; The good news is the plastic/brass fitting is obsolete and has been replaced by an all brass piece.&nbsp\\; Bad news is, my dealer said it would take 7-10 business days to get.&nbsp\\; Went on a 1200 mile trip to Vermont from Alabama&nbsp\\;last week and stopped off at a HD dealer in New York that happened to have on in stock.&nbsp\\; &nbsp\\;