Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

V&H Power Duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Puma NJ
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default V&H Power Duals

My dealer tried to sell me on the V&H Power Duals today. I'm cool with the look. The chrome is sweet. I've heard good things about the power gains with them. However, I've also seen people on this and another forum saying that the collector drags very easily on right turns. Is this true? Does it touch before the floor boards?

Old 11-30-2014, 09:18 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Never had mine drag in the 3 years that I've rode her with the stock suspension still intact.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:46 AM
ridedaddy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey old are your power duals on your street glide or an ultra? 12" or 13" shocks?

Old 12-01-2014, 01:11 PM
SleepyBagger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Never had mine drag in the 3 years that I've rode her with the stock suspension still intact.
I assume the OP got their answer.

How much louder are the V&H Power Duals over a stock headpipe?

Old 12-01-2014, 10:41 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Puma NJ
My dealer tried to sell me on the V&H Power Duals today. I'm cool with the look. The chrome is sweet. I've heard good things about the power gains with them. However, I've also seen people on this and another forum saying that the collector drags very easily on right turns. Is this true? Does it touch before the floor boards?
Yah , it drags but not that easily . I had to really press on the bars and lean the sucker over to hear it scrape . Never felt uncomfortable when it happened . If someone asked I would recommend the Power Dual .

Old 12-01-2014, 10:50 PM
TheBig-O
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SleepyBagger

Not much . I ran V+H Power Duals with the stock mufflers for a year . A little more rumble at idle , barked a little when you rolled on it , nice and quiet when cruising .

Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 AM
Puma NJ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SleepyBagger

I pretty much figured there was something to the dragging because of the number of reviews reporting it. I really tore up the floorboards on my Heritage so it is something I look at. Stock floorboards are one thing, expensive exhausts are another. As for sound, it depends on the mufflers you use. Go with the Monster Ovals or Rounds and the sound is louder than stock, but not enough to wake the dead. Nice and deep and good performance with the Power Dual. Get the High Outputs or some Rineharts and it is much louder. Big Louie 4 inch from Rush is real nice muffler on any system. For the record, I'm going with the new Dragula. Some people criticize the ghost pipe because you have the weight of a muffler over there that isn't functional. I figure if I get a system with a real muffler just for that reason I still have that weight and less power than I would get with the 2 into 1.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:59 PM
tlr
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Puma NJ
wow, I must be doing something seriously wrong as I have never dragged my Power Duals. I have had them on 3 or 4 of my bikes.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Puma NJ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tlr
wow, I must be doing something seriously wrong as I have never dragged my Power Duals. I have had them on 3 or 4 of my bikes.
I doubt you're doing anything wrong. It probably depends on what you ride, where you ride, and how you ride. Someone in Florida is unlikely to find a sharp enough bend to worry about it. Someone in the Appalachians is probably going to lean it over. I like to really enjoy the twisty stuff and our roads in Jersey can also be a little bumpy, so I would probably be the guy who would hit it. It's just a word of caution that I've seen from a bunch of people running this exhaust and it pisses them off because the pipe seems to work well. Thanks for the reply though. I was really looking for help with making my decision.

Old 12-03-2014, 05:04 AM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

Ran a couple of sets of power duals, great exhaust, always had at least 13" rear suspension so they never hit ground, even at 90 on tight sweepers. Lower rear shocks could make the difference.

Quick Reply: V&H Power Duals