Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

S&S air cleaner cover for Mikuni HSR42mm carb?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:24 AM
nosillyname
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&S air cleaner cover for Mikuni HSR42mm carb?

Can I run an S&S tear drop air cleaner or at least an air cleaner cover with a Mikuni HSR42mm carb?

If so, what parts / adapters do I need?

Thanks

Old 06-16-2009, 11:09 AM
cowboy1
Road Warrior

You will need to get an adapter. This as the HSR needs to be held on at the breathers with a bracket which goes accross the front fo the carb as oppossed to the super E or G which is a bolt on carb and the breathers are part of the air cleaner. With the mikuni the breathers are part of the bracket.

Check some after market air kits as well such as stacks as if you need to pay cash, get something sick looking...

Check with Scooters Performance as John may have one. I don't have their web site handy but you can google them. Arlen Ness has one as well.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:22 AM
nosillyname
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cowboy1
You will need to get an adapter. This as the HSR needs to be held on at the breathers with a bracket which goes accross the front fo the carb as oppossed to the super E or G which is a bolt on carb and the breathers are part of the air cleaner. With the mikuni the breathers are part of the bracket.

Check some after market air kits as well such as stacks as if you need to pay cash, get something sick looking...

Check with Scooters Performance as John may have one. I don't have their web site handy but you can google them. Arlen Ness has one as well.
Thanks.

Do you know what aftermarket (if any) air cleaner covers are made for the Mikuni HSR42?

I might just have to go with the S&S Super E total carb kit instead of the Mikuni.