Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bassani Road Rage 2-1 or D and D Fat Cat ?

Old 10-05-2009, 01:03 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Bassani Road Rage 2-1 or D and D Fat Cat ?

As much as I hate to admit it, not much ridin time left in my neck of the woods. Weather up here has taken a real crap, and the long range isn't lookin to good either. I'm thinking of makin some changes over the winter in the exhaust dept. My dealer is offering free storage if you spend a certain amount of money over the winter months while bike is there. My bike is a 2008 Street Glide,stock head pipes,SE stage 1 intake/filter, Head Quarters TC 500 cams, and Bassani Megaphone slip-ons for the exhaust. The bike has the SE Super Tuner as well, and was dynoed at 83hp/95tq. I am very happy with the numbers,and bike pulls well. I would just like to try and get the torque down lower in the bottom end, it seems to be coming on hard around 3,000 rpm and up. Was lookin at the dyno thread section, and talkin to lots of members here most say a good 2-1 pipe would fit the bill. Just wanted some opinions on either the Fat Cat w/quiet baffle or the Bassani Road Rage 2-1. Anyone please chime in with good results or bad...
Thanks again to all the great folks here...your help is always appreciated..
Joe

Old 10-05-2009, 01:51 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road Rage is a killer pipe. The last D&D fatcat I heard was on a Street Glide and it sounded like my buddy's yamaha.... I don't care for the FatCat sound. Good pipe, good performance, but the sound is just blah.

Road Rage is a loud pipe and it is also a good performer. I don't think you can go wrong with either pipe. If I had to choose between the two, I would go Bassani.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

I switched from the rinehart 2in1 to the Bassani Road Rage long......

Outstanding fit and finish..Sound and Performance are top notch...

Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im running the Fatcat w/ standard baffle. I looked at the black Road Rage also. Havent seen a lot of documentation performance wise for the road rage. But I think going to a 2-1 is a step in the right direction regardless. I think youll see the tq come on 4-500rpm sooner. I know I did when I went to the FC.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:06 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

I went through the same decision this spring.. when I added cams..
I like the looks of the fatcats but here in central Ind. No luck, there are just not any. I looked over a yr to find someone with them so I could hear them. I really don't like the look of any of the others.

Except Python's. A neighbor recently got a set for his 06FB and they are close to the Fatcats and they have a nice rumble to them..and are not too loud. I would compare them close to my rush 2''. Don't know how they perform or last, (as I hear they are V&H;s low end pipes,???)

might look at them too...

Old 10-05-2009, 04:22 PM
ryanl
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a forum member that is running a Fatcat on his 117.
I never get tired of hearing it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2rrppR6HxA

Old 10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Ryan, I agree with you, I can't tell you how many times I have listened to that clip. It reminds me of an old muscle car staged at the christmas tree lights just before headin down the strip. Unfortunately, I have'nt not heard a Fat Cat in person here up in Ontario, Canada. Everyone and their brother is using Vance and Hines or Rinehart. Nothing wrong with them, but just wanna try something different. Thanks for your help..

Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 PM
brickie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a roadrage long on my heritage and I really like the pipe. Nice rumble at idle and when going through the local neighborhood at night I can keep it mellow enough not to **** anyone off. But when you feel like getting on it she can really bark. I've got a lot of compliments on the sound . Most people ask me who makes the pipe I have and that is has a different tone than the more common pipes used. Performance is very good also. One of the best 2-1 pipes out there.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:46 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's REALLY hard to beat the bottom end torque that the FatCat will make. It's known specifically for that characteristic.

I've been using FatCats on my bikes and recommending on builds I do, since they came out in late 2002.

One thing about the RR..... I believe you have to buy the heat shields separately, which is not the case with the FC.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:27 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fatcat with quiet baffle..............I've had it on my bike for about 2 years now, and I love it. Tried 8 other exhausts before, and finally found the keeper with the Fatcat.

Steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bassani Road Rage 2-1 or D and D Fat Cat ?