Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rear cylinder running rich ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 AM
John69red
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear cylinder running rich ?

Hello to everyone I am new to the forum officialy but have been reading and getting info for a long time. I own a 06 Street Bob with about 4500k. I recently had the dealer install a race fueler along with a SE heavy breather. I already had a set of big radius with BCT baffles I had installed. Thing is now the engine light comes on sporadically. I ran codes and P0152 rear 02 sensor high (rich) came up. I cleared code ran her again same thing engine light coming on and off with same code. Checked rear plug not too bad but gap was a little off had to open her up a bit. Ran bike code popped up again. Adjusted fueler to run a tad leaner same result. Dealer had same issue and even changed out 02 sensor. Bike is running good but light and code are pissing me off. I know I need to get her dynoed but what could be the cause of the rich rear cylinder. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Kingofcubes
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could be a number of things. Pipes, quench, port differences, or other causes. Often happens that a rear map looks dirfferent than the front. I would get it dynoed asap.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:56 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

take the dfo off the bike. your o2 sensors will run a tad richer but not great whats happening is the sensor is actually trying to lean the mixtute out and the dfo is throwing more fuel in it. confusing the o2 sensors and creating havoc on your fuel delivery system .
remove the dfo . sell on ebay and buy a real tuner such as the TTS down load a stg 1 into it and be done with it.
you dont really ned adyno would be nice and really clean it up but for now yank the dfo off and its ok to ride lean but ok. then like i stated buy a TTS

Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
John69red
1st Gear

So are you saying the SE race fueler could be bad and that could be the cause of my issues. Bike did run super well with out the fueler and SE heavy breather.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Samee same with SEDelux.
TTS.
I go with, inside the ECM, program modifiers rather that add-ons.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:35 AM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

im not saying it your bike is telling you it may be . also check the connections first. but i doubt the connections are loose
this is what may be happening.
the ecm is sending the signal to the inj to fire and in between the inj wire and ecm is the race fueler intercepting the signal telling it to add more fuel. now it adds fuel the sensor in the exhaust pipe reads its slightly rich and sends a signal back to the ecm telling it to lean it out but the race fueler does not care it still adds fuel and it still reads rich you may have cleared the codes on the speedo but you did not clear the dcodes in the ecm you have to have the TTS or super tuner or SERT to actually clear the codes correctly.
pull that piece of junk off the bike and sell it and buy a real tuner.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:16 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Lets clear some thing up. What exactly is this 'race fueler' you are talking about. It REALLY helps to call things by their actual name. Is it a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT)? Then, no... do NOT pull that off. Is it some el cheapo race 'fueler' installed by the dealer? Is it some V&H fueler? What is it?

If it IS a SERT, then the best bet is to get a dyno done, as the installed map isn't correct for the bike. I installed a TTS map that did the same thing as you. Put the dyno tune map in, and all that went away.

Best bet is this (for telling what fueler you have...) can you SEE something that is 'added' on to the bike somewhere? Does it have like 4 dials? Something similar? Then THAT is an add-on. SERT/TTS is a way to get inside the ECM itself and is cables and an adapter box.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 03-03-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the race fueler is a "pot" device like the Revtech DFO or Techlusion TFI but branded HD. I remember seeing them in a HD catalog or online somewhere, but it's been a while.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

road hawg is correct the race fueler is a dfo digital fuel optomizer. it adds fuel its a add on piece like the tfi or revtech. its suppose to be like tuning a carb with 3 buttons to turn to add more fuel in 3 areas of throttleposition. idle mid throttle and wide open. sort of like the jets and on a carb

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM
John69red
1st Gear

Yes it is a Harley SE race fueler (that is actual name)with the 6 pentometers not the race tuner. I went this route to save some $$ but it looks like I am going to have to spring for a Sert or PC III.