Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Exhaust System Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by: Samson Exhaust

P

Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Hang Around
Default TC88 misfiring

Ive got an 04 standard softail, TC88 with V&H straightshots, and open K&N aircleaner, PCIII. Recently Ive been having troubles with it hicupping here and there, and sputtering randomly. Ive checked the aircleaner, plugs, and wires, and everything is great, but I cant get rid of this hiccup. Around mid winter last year, I went out to the garage to start it up and run some stabilizer through it, but my fuel pump made a grinding noise and the bike wouldnt start. When spring came around, the bike started up and ran fine until now. There was an error code that was triggered, so I went into the diagnostic module and cleared it, to see if it would return and nothing came back on. There hasnt been an error code since this happened like 6 months ago. I dont know if this would influence my current problem or not though. Any thoughts?
Old 08-15-2010, 02:11 PM

P