Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Fuel Pak and Popping

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:41 PM
16VAFXDL
Road Captain

Received 63 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Fuel Pak and Popping

While I know there has been endless discussion about what fuel management system is better, I have a question about the Fuel Pak. As with some others, after I installed a Fuel Pak, Stage I AC, and Slip-ons on my bike, I had the dreaded popping. I have checked and double checked the slip-on mounting points and there is no exhaust leak. I am wondering if anyone who has a Fuel Pak has troubleshot this thing to see if there are settings for the different modules that can be used to tune out the popping, since the Fuel Pak techs are generally unhelpful with this information? While many people would suggest to throw the thing out and get a PCV or TTS, or something similar, that is just not feasible for me right now. So any input that anyone has about programming for the Fuel Pak would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, this is all installed on an 08 FXDC. Thanks.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
streetg7
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on the "power pack" from fuel motto...bike still pops on decel. I guess its the nature of the beast. Hope this helps.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:13 PM
ml crisis
Intermediate

I put the Fuel Pak on an 08 Rocker with new AC and V & H 2:1 's, pounded in the settings they recommended and there was some measure of popping increase, but not unbearable. Two comments, one, as they say making sure the throttle is shut down makes a big diff. It pretty much eliminates it on mine. Second, i did e-mail them asking for suggestions and they did recommend a few setting changes to try. I decided I wasn't that bothered by it and never did so can't tell you if it would have helped. However the guy I dealt with (Derek) was quite helpful...

Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 AM
dino733
6th Gear

I had the same issue. I reprogrammed and when calibrating the throttle I went extra slow and smooth when twisting it, and then like ML said, make sure the throttle is closed completely. Still have some issues but not as noticeable. I would not recommend the Fuel Pak to anyone, it sucks.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:36 PM
t.rob99
Advanced

I ended up putting my stock pipes and A/C back on my 07 fatboy, because i couldnt get the Fuelpak to run right. my opinion is its a P.O.S...