Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Exhaust System Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by: Samson Exhaust

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 09-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Hang Around
Default Rinehart Exhaust

Hello, I need some help, not real familiar with forums but I'm looking for some help. I have a set of true dual rinehart mufflers. Is there a way to use them on stock headers (2006 FLHX carb) are do i need to sell them and get different pipes? Thanks for any help.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Hang Around
Default Slip on's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbo View Post
Hello, I need some help, not real familiar with forums but I'm looking for some help. I have a set of true dual rinehart mufflers. Is there a way to use them on stock headers (2006 FLHX carb) are do i need to sell them and get different pipes? Thanks for any help.
Best advice is to see if you can identify exactly which mufflers you have. Check the Rinehart website and match what you have. Once you find the match on the site it will tell you what head pipe they will fit. The other option is place one next to your system to see if the mounting brackets match up, if they look close then remove your muffler to see if the pipes are the same size. It's a couple bolts and a clamp and can be done with basic hand tools. Hope this helps.
08 Street Glide 105th Anniversary #984
V&H Big Shot Duals, Andrews 26H Cams, Arlen Ness Big Sucker A/C, TTS, H-D Oil Cooler. Too much to list.

Airborne All the Way!! God Bless our Military, Past and Present!!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:28 AM
Hang Around
Default Rinehart Exhaust

I have the Rinehart True Dual mufflers. They are 2", the stock exhaust is 1 3/4". So I will have to buy True Dual headers to make these work on my bike, I do not want to go with true dual, I want to stay with stock headpipes. Thanks for the help and hopefully I can sell these and get the slipons for the stock exhaust.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Senior Rider

A muffler shop may be able to make you a insert to go inside the larger rinehart insert.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM

P

Tags
brackets, duel, exashts, exhaust, flhx, forums, fourm, headers, motorcycles, priceng, rhinehart, rinehart, rinhart, sale, true