Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Want to do a build....any recommendations: Ontario, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 PM
joe98
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Want to do a build....any recommendations: Ontario, Canada

Well, I've been tossin this thing around so long now and the thread search has got my eyes bloodshot. Bike is a 2008 Street Glide: 2-1 Bassani Road Rage, HQ-500 cams, SE intake w/Zippers over sized filter, SEST, adj. pushrods. Before the 2-1 pipe, it made 83hp/95tq. I'm not lookin for a drag bike. I would like to get over 100 tq for sure and close to that in hp. To any of my Canuck riders, who would you recommend in Toronto area or outside that or do I use of the U.S. builders and ship every thing there. I'm not a wrench and definitely beyond my capabilties. Also, dyno tuning...any recommendations. What do I need to do to achieve these results. Would the SE kit 103 stage 3 foot the bill ? Any help please, would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

We have the upper end in here now, from Toronto.
2008 FLHX
He is going with our Stage IV Head
Wood 408 cams at 10.7 cr
Our 107" piston/gask/boring kit
S&S Roller Rockers
S/E 58 mm FBW/HPI 1.800" manifold
D&D Fatcat
He gonig to have a ball this summer!!
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
N-gin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think your on the right track with the 103, SE cast pistons are cheap $179, and bore your jugs. I like that cam but think you can benefit from a higher lift. Maybe 1.72 rockers if your happy with the power range of that cam. A cheap port and polish. O fcourse you might want to familiarize yourself with the online calculators out there. I use bigboyzheadporting site.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
joe98
Road Captain
Default 107 or ?

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
We have the upper end in here now, from Toronto.
2008 FLHX
He is going with our Stage IV Head
Wood 408 cams at 10.7 cr
Our 107" piston/gask/boring kit
S&S Roller Rockers
S/E 58 mm FBW/HPI 1.800" manifold
D&D Fatcat
He gonig to have a ball this summer!!
Scott
Hey Scott, how's it going ? Well, as my title states 107 or ? I'm gonna be honest with ya Scott. My mechanical experience is very little. Fluid changes, bolt on accessories, minor things. I don't have the tools, time, nor knowledge to get into a motor. Not only that, but gotta 3 year old runnin around the house and my time is limited. I have thought of the 107, but just wondering if it's not too radical for me. What are the differences in the stages of headwork ? As you know I have the HQ-500 cams in my 96in now. Are these useless too me with what ever build I go with ? If you did a 107", piston,gask,boring kit, and headwork(not too high compression), I'm using the Bassani Road Rage. What kind of money would I be lookin at spending ? I would like to avoid larger throttle bodies, and really high lift cams.
Sorry if I sound like I don't know wtf I'm talkin about. Please give me shout back and explore some options for me...would love to hear from ya.
Thanks Scott.

Joe

Last edited by joe98; 02-20-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: delete post
Old 02-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Wild Grover
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the HQ forum. There are a couple of mechanics up in your neck of the woods that may be able to help you out. Seem to have their heads on straight.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With just Woods Cams, Stage 1, and a good tune from fuelmoto I'm at 90/104, and the cost was about 1,100. Fuelmoto's 107" kit with no headwork at all will give you exactly the numbers you're looking for and the cost of the kit alone is right at 1,300 (just under 2K installed). Great performance on a nice budget. You could buy the kit and have an indy in your area install it for you at a decent price as well I'm sure. Check it out. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/107kit.htm

Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by joe98
Hey Scott, how's it going ? Well, as my title states 107 or ? I'm gonna be honest with ya Scott. My mechanical experience is very little. Fluid changes, bolt on accessories, minor things. I don't have the tools, time, nor knowledge to get into a motor. Not only that, but gotta 3 year old runnin around the house and my time is limited. I have thought of the 107, but just wondering if it's not too radical for me. What are the differences in the stages of headwork ? As you know I have the HQ-500 cams in my 96in now. Are these useless too me with what ever build I go with ? If you did a 107", piston,gask,boring kit, and headwork(not too high compression), I'm using the Bassani Road Rage. What kind of money would I be lookin at spending ? I would like to avoid larger throttle bodies, and really high lift cams.
Sorry if I sound like I don't know wtf I'm talkin about. Please give me shout back and explore some options for me...would love to hear from ya.
Thanks Scott.

Joe

Joe,
Can certainly work with the 500 cams.
We can run that cam thru our one of our engine programs, and modifiy the Wiesco pistons if needed,(at no charge) as they were designed to do so.
Our 107" Wiesco piston/complete gasket set/boring/rings set and installed------------------------600.00
Our Stage III Heads w/releases-1140.00
IF you opted for the 555 cams, Fuel Moto, as well as other dyno's across the country, have witnessed 110 hp/127 ft/lbs.
The HQ cams may be very close to that.
Scott

Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 AM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mr. Joe... hows it going.. winter is almost over.... I have read about Hillside and i think they are best place closest to me here from QC..... FM is a little too far unless u take 2 weeks off and trailier ure bike and might as well stop by MOCO since ure in the area.

FM's 107 is a big Bang for the buck as you can read here from the Forum..... u want *****,,, put in a PROCHARGER unit.. take a look at Bagger Magazine from from AIM...
good luck.. as for good shops in our area.. other than HD dealers... not many around anymore as u know. Hillside will be my choice as soon as my warranty expires...

Old 02-21-2011, 09:00 AM
joe98
Road Captain

Originally Posted by papifun
Mr. Joe... hows it going.. winter is almost over.... I have read about Hillside and i think they are best place closest to me here from QC..... FM is a little too far unless u take 2 weeks off and trailier ure bike and might as well stop by MOCO since ure in the area.

FM's 107 is a big Bang for the buck as you can read here from the Forum..... u want *****,,, put in a PROCHARGER unit.. take a look at Bagger Magazine from from AIM...
good luck.. as for good shops in our area.. other than HD dealers... not many around anymore as u know. Hillside will be my choice as soon as my warranty expires...
How's it going bro ? Yeah, I hear ya. Not too much left in my areas except butchers who claim they can make your bike scream. When in reality all they'll be doin is just a mix match of parts and hand you a bill. The worst thing about it is, when u bring the bike back to them to tell them it's not running right; they'll look at you and say " Well, this is what that combination is supposed to make in tq/hp ". Oh well back to the drawing board I guess. Papi, would you mind having someone tagging along the ride to Hillside ?
Take care Bro, talk to you soon...

Joe

Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to look into a 30T pulley also, the 08's 32/66 gearing sucks. I had mine hitting 100 in 4th yesterday so the regear doesn't hurt the topend when it's geared too tall. EDIT: That 100 was about 94 or so because I never re-calibrated my speedo, but it's still plenty fast and I had 2 gears to go.

Quick Reply: Want to do a build....any recommendations: Ontario, Canada