Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Dyno and new Screamin' EagleŽ Heavy Breather Performance Air Cleaner Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:55 PM
geezerglide09
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno and new Screamin' EagleŽ Heavy Breather Performance Air Cleaner Kit

I have already had my 09 Ultra Classic Dynoed with a Stage 1 SE air cleaner. I'm going to install a new Screamin' EagleŽ Heavy Breather Performance Air Cleaner Kit and want to know if I need to have it Dynoed again. I have a Rinehart exhaust system. Of course the dealership says yes $$$$, but what can I expect if I dont?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:58 PM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,807 Likes on 627 Posts

I would say no, the differences in the air cleaners is minimal and without an exhaust change its not really going to make much difference

Old 05-04-2011, 07:21 AM
geezerglide09
Stage III

Thanks

Old 05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Put it on and ride it.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:55 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why must dealers try and screw their customers out of every last possible cent? Find yourself a new dealer.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 AM
geezerglide09
Stage III

It's installed and the bike runs great. I found I needed the breather bolts that were normally OE, but not on my 09 Ultra. And I guess the Chinese have bad days as one of the a@@holes put a chrome trim ring for a Sportster in a touring kit. Acceleration is quicker, especially on the highways, with 60 to 80 in a blink. Someday I will get it on the Dyno again, after I finish getting all the little extras. Now if it will only stop raining.....

Old 05-15-2011, 12:15 AM
BoxOfCohibas
Advanced

Have the Heavy Breather on my Wideglide with SE204 cams. Runs great and has awesome acceration.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:12 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by geezerglide09
It's installed and the bike runs great. I found I needed the breather bolts that were normally OE, but not on my 09 Ultra. And I guess the Chinese have bad days as one of the a@@holes put a chrome trim ring for a Sportster in a touring kit. Acceleration is quicker, especially on the highways, with 60 to 80 in a blink. Someday I will get it on the Dyno again, after I finish getting all the little extras. Now if it will only stop raining.....
You didn't have the OE bolts, you had the bolts that are needed to install the SE Stg 1 air cleaner. I had the same deal as my bike had the SE Stg 1 a/c when I bought it, so I went to my dealer on a Sunday and the parts guy went into the back and found a couple laying around and gave them to me so I could finish the Heavy Breather install without waiting for new OE style bolts to come in on an order cause they don't keep those bolts in stock. I hope you used the OE bolts. My dealer also routinely gives me 10-15% off on parts when I ask for help on pricing and I only ask when my order is over 100+ dollars.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:47 PM
stevegoetsch
Intermediate
Default Wrong Instructions For Heavy Breather Install

Bought a Heavy Breather for my 2011 Ultra CVO RG, the instructions stated that models 2008 and up you can use the O.E. breather bolts. After installing and running the bike it began to run bad, it was building crankcase pressure. I went to the dealer and they new right away what it was because they got burned on looking at the directions when they started putting them on. Ends up their was a revision later stating that you must purchase different breather bolts. So be careful when purchasing a heavy breather you dont get screwed over like I did, you MUST buy breather bolts for all models exept an XL.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Wideglide1414
Intermediate

Good info

Quick Reply: Dyno and new Screamin' EagleŽ Heavy Breather Performance Air Cleaner Kit