Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Exhaust System Topics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by: Samson Exhaust

P

Old 09-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Hang Around
Default 110 head mod

I just picked up a set of se cvo 110 heads. I've read that you can only cut them .030 before you get into the automatic comp release my question is can I weld the release hole up and cut them enough to bring the cc's to 88'' stock volume?
Old 09-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper57 View Post
I just picked up a set of se cvo 110 heads. I've read that you can only cut them .030 before you get into the automatic comp release my question is can I weld the release hole up and cut them enough to bring the cc's to 88'' stock volume?
What's the PN on the heads? Reason I ask is there was a batch of those heads that had problems; loose guides and some other **** I can't recall right now. They have been floating around on Ebay for a while, real cheap.

Why not get a plug for the ACRs instead of welding and heating up the heads and perhaps loosening up a vlave seat or guide? IMHO, it would be better to look at a dome piston to get the compression right; if that is your goal.

From what I understand, those heads can be made to work well but if they are among the poor quality batch, new guides are in order.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Senior Rider
http://www.facebook.com/gaugemods and http://www.facebook.com/jim.frederick.1428

Even if you plug the ACR. you can't bring the cc down enough to work with a flat top and get decent comp. There is a few issues that a local indy could fix at not much of a cost. these heads need they're guides replaced with some quality bronze guides and a new valve job, some new springs and they're good to go.
You can pick up a SE 103 10.5:1 piston for about 250.00 made for these heads.

Last edited by BadBagger08; 09-30-2011 at 04:38 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumper57 View Post
They are approx 94cc from the Moco.
6cc puts you at your target, and is easily obtainable.
You need to pull those down about .075", before the realeases are in the way, and even then, you can back those off via a crush washer, or copper washer.
Scott
www.hillsidecycle.com
Palmer's Performance Products
Complete Machine Shop
Case Boring, Cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
Serdi and Goodson Tooling
Super-Flow Flow Bench
Crank Rebuilding
Dyno Tuning
Our Predator Series Engines
From Flatheads, to 2015 models.