Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Are My Rineharts junk?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:35 PM
John Adams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are My Rineharts junk?

So I have a very respected an successful performance shop in my area who does dyno tuning, full upgrades from exhaust, cams to big bore kits.

I have Rinehart 4" slip-ons and am considering going with true dual headers, breather and tuner. He hates Rinehart and says people like them and post good reviews because they look and sound good, but inside they are junk and an old design. He said they hamper performance in the lower RPMs (up to 3000) even with good headers and tuner.

He said it's not bad enough to the point where he would suggest I replace them but that there are other mufflers which do much much better.

I get so many opinions from so many people, just not sure what to believe any more, but like I said, this guy is very respected and knowledgeable.

JA

Old 06-07-2014, 01:22 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

Maybe the tuners will chime in on this one. I doubt Gerald Rinehart makes a junky exhaust...never tried one myself.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by John Adams
So I have a very respected an successful performance shop in my area who does dyno tuning, full upgrades from exhaust, cams to big bore kits.

I have Rinehart 4" slip-ons and am considering going with true dual headers, breather and tuner. He hates Rinehart and says people like them and post good reviews because they look and sound good, but inside they are junk and an old design. He said they hamper performance in the lower RPMs (up to 3000) even with good headers and tuner.

He said it's not bad enough to the point where he would suggest I replace them but that there are other mufflers which do much much better.

I get so many opinions from so many people, just not sure what to believe any more, but like I said, this guy is very respected and knowledgeable.

JA
They arent junk but if pure low end torque is what you want, there are better options. I just sold my true duals and mufflers for 2-1 performance but they sounded great and as far as true duals go they are better than most with their stepped header design. One complaint from me was the flaking of the black end cap after low miles on them. Everyone has their own tastes and goals with their bike and if thats the sound you dig..there you go. Or if pure performance is your goal then you may look elsewhere.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:35 PM
jmr1971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my own opinion on pipes, but to me if you're not using a 2:1 then you're really just going for what you think looks & sounds best anyway. So if you like the look & sound of your Rineharts then I say they're just fine.

A buddy of mine has Rinehart 2:1; I installed and mapped a Thunder Max for him on that bike, and I think they look, sound, and perform fantastic with his set-up....

Old 06-07-2014, 06:00 PM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by jmr1971
Just my own opinion on pipes, but to me if you're not using a 2:1 then you're really just going for what you think looks & sounds best anyway. So if you like the look & sound of your Rineharts then I say they're just fine.

A buddy of mine has Rinehart 2:1; I installed and mapped a Thunder Max for him on that bike, and I think they look, sound, and perform fantastic with his set-up....
Word!