Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Petcock issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 07:17 PM
02EGlide
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Petcock issue

I recently had taken my carb off to install different jets after a cam install. Today I put the carb back on and installed the vacuum hose on the top of the carb that goes to the petcock.

I go to start the bike and it acts like it is not getting fuel. Pull the fuel hose off and no fuel. Try it in all positions and still no fuel. Then I do some research and find it is a vacuum operated petcock. I double checked the vacuum line on the top of the carb and it is connected. Now I have the petcock off the bike and am debating on installing a non vacuum petcock. The bike ran the day before the carb was removed to rejet. Could there be another issue I am missing, possibly inside the carb?

The bike is a 2002 FLHT

Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the vacuum hose connected to the petcock as well? there are 3 hoses that join together by the carb, one that runs from the junction to the petcock. the fuel will not come out without it, to check you can use a syringe to act as a vacuum, i just went thru that, the hose to the petcock had a crack in it so there was vacuum leak, i took the petcock off, it was old, replaced the petcock for $50 which came with a new fuel filter which needed changing as well, i cleaned the whole tank out with sea foam at the same time, its a 2000 sporty. Also changed the vacuum hose kit, $12, they were all old and cracking. Good luck!