Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Thunder Max Computability Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Prw3
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thunder Max Computability Question

I will be installing a thunder max auto tune setup on my 2010 softail and was wondering if its going to be compatible with my HD speedo tach setup? I recall having to marry the new speedo/tach with the factory ecm when i installed it and since the thunder max system replaces the factory ecm im not sure how that works. Since installing the upgraded speedo/tach i thought the mileage etc was within the ecm. I do see from a few install web posts that there is process of adding the VIN number to the thunder max ecm but just not sure how that works. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 PM
danoflhrci
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothin's married with the Tmax that I'm aware of. There's codes for different models to punch in, in the module configuration - basic settings - speedo cal box. Example; mines an 02 so I punch in 4352 under speedo cal. I believe yours is 44750. All the codes-bike should pop up when you open this box. This is in your software & in the manual. I suggest printing it, read & re-read before installation so you can install without any down time. Also install the software on your computer & familiarize yourself with it. There's a learning curve with this thing (just like all the others). Also some good videos on tuning @ youtube.
The only thing I really miss is the ion sensing (anti-knock) with the stock ecm's. Be careful if advancing any timing curves. Also, nothing's really auto-tune. It will automatically dial into the afr's in your maps though.
I'm happy with mine. Happier once past most of the learning curves.
Good luck!

Concerning adding VIN #; There's a place for this in the Tmax control center. I never added mine so I can't help much there.

Last edited by danoflhrci; 04-09-2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
danoflhrci
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surprised you didn't get more feedback. Maybe move this to a more appropriate forum. I was thinking you may want to contact the tech at Zippers on that speedo/tach. Should still be the same code for your bike/model/year, but couldn't hurt to confirm.