Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

09 Street Glide Rush Slip ons

Old 12-12-2013, 11:00 AM
ryanshaw07
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 09 Street Glide Rush Slip ons

First I would to say thanks to everyone for all advice on this forum... I spend a lot of time everyday reading through new and old threads... Thank you-

I have an 09 Street glide with the stage 1 kit done. Rush 2.0 slip ons, stage 1 air intake kit and download.

My question is, can I change my stock header for an aftermarket header and use my Rush Slip ons? Recommendations?

If I am able to install an aftermarket header with my Rush slip ons, would it make the exhaust louder? (I would like it a bit louder) and would I need to get it retuned?

Old 12-14-2013, 12:16 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanshaw07
I have an 09 Street glide with the stage 1 kit done. Rush 2.0 slip ons, stage 1 air intake kit and download.

My question is, can I change my stock header for an aftermarket header and use my Rush Slip ons? Recommendations?
What are you currently using for fuel management? Our Tourer's run on the lean side when coming out of the factory. Plus, when you change the air flow, then you're changing the air/fuel ratio, so it is always prudent to adjust the fuel flow accordingly. Personally, I use the Nightrider FL-XiED-10 kit for fuel management on my 2011 SG. It's plug-and-play and does what it needs to do.

To answer your question, YES, you can use your Rush mufflers, as long as the header outlet diameter on the new header pipe matches up to the inlet diameter on your Rush mufflers.

Regarding header recommendations, unless you're planning on future performance upgrades beyond Stage 1, then I would recommend starting with a stock, de-catted header from one of several reputable Ebayer's. I picked up mine for $135, delivered.

Other popular options are Fuel Moto's Jackpot 2-1-2 headers (several options available, starting at $479) and Fullsac's X-pipe @ $479.

If I am able to install an aftermarket header with my Rush slip ons, would it make the exhaust louder? (I would like it a bit louder) and would I need to get it retuned?
YES, the exhaust note will deepen and get louder, with no need to retune.

Good luck!

Old 12-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First I would to say thanks to everyone for all advice on this forum... I spend a lot of time everyday reading through new and old threads... Thank you-

The Rush slip-ons should work with any "stock replacement" aftermarket head pipes. The 2009 models do not have a catalitic converter in the head pipe so the volume will increase slightly and the tone will change a bit. We recommend using a fuel management system with any headpipe upgrades. The muffler baffle size is what I recommend and is most popular for use with aftermarket headpipes. We just released a high output header system. It has the same appearance as our true duals with a crossover port added for extra performance. Still maintains the classic true dual appearance. Part number is 7017HO. http://www.rushracingproducts.com/highoutput.html
Thanks for running our slip-ons!
Ryan