Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Rinehart Slimline Duals??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:45 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Reviving an old thread ...

I am considering the Rinehart Slimline Duals, (whole system), but I have a choice between 3.5" mufflers or 4" mufflers.

Can anyone tell me the difference in the muffler size ... is one size is quieter than the other ... or better performance from one size over the other ... ??

Any assistance would be helpful, thanks.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:53 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

• the 4" have a deeper tone than the 3.5"
  • they both use a similar baffle design so backpressures will be similar as well (performance)
  • obviously one is larger in diameter than the other
  • every pair of 3.5" I've seen with black tips, the tips have turned a purple-ish color. Haven't seen a 4" black tip turn colors yet

The slimline dual headpipe with the 4" mufflers with the chrome tips as far as looks are concerned is pretty sweet and sounds just as good as it looks.

is one quieter than the other? I think the 4" being a deeper toned muffler is quieter but then again in the right combination, the 4" can get pretty damned loud too. Personally speaking, I can't stand the sound of 3.5" myself

really boils down to the sound preference you have and the looks. They perform equally well IMO.

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 12-01-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:06 PM
UnaHarlista
Tourer

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
  • the 4" have a deeper tone than the 3.5"
  • they both use a similar baffle design so backpressures will be similar as well (performance)
  • obviously one is larger in diameter than the other
  • every pair of 3.5" I've seen with black tips, the tips have turned a purple-ish color. Haven't seen a 4" black tip turn colors yet

The slimline dual headpipe with the 4" mufflers with the chrome tips as far as looks are concerned is pretty sweet and sounds just as good as it looks.

is one quieter than the other? I think the 4" being a deeper toned muffler is quieter but then again in the right combination, the 4" can get pretty damned loud too. Personally speaking, I can't stand the sound of 3.5" myself

really boils down to the sound preference you have and the looks. They perform equally well IMO.
Thanks for the info ... somewhat similar to what the Rinehart rep told me: 3.5" higher pitched, but louder and raspy, whereas the 4" have a deeper tone, smoother and throatier.

So, I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the SLD's with the 4" muffs!
Thanks again!

Old 12-01-2015, 01:19 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

I have tuned quite a few bikes with the Slimline Duals. With stock cams, the end results are in line with most other aftermarket exhausts. A recent 103 with SE585 cams was down about 5 horsepower until we removed the Slimline header and replaced it with a Fullsac DX header. The power came up to the expected value. There won't be any canned maps that will be close--- they are not friendly to tune. I don't know if Rinehart has any tuned maps to try or not.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:04 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

3.5" are much higher in pitch to the point they're quite annoying to me, especially if riding behind them. Got a buddy with an 07 RG punched out from 96" to I think what is a 113" with those 3.5" on it. OMG, I make him ride behind me.

as for the tuning, Ed at the Dyno Difference in Dallas always tuned my bikes and he had no issues whatsoever tuning that head pipe.

if you're looking for a performance pipe that will carry you above typical "baby builds" as I call them (mild cam and breather) then I agree with what jbarr1 is trying to politely say to you in that there are much better options out there.

The following users liked this post:
jdm65 (12-07-2019)
Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer

... then I agree with what jbarr1 is trying to politely say to you in that there are much better options out there.
Just so you know ... I backed off from pulling the trigger on buying the SLD's.
After all that I have read in the last three days, I, too ... think there are better options.
I looked at the Fullsac DX header ... that is a real nice pipe!
Not sure which I'm headed right now. I'm beginning to think I'll wait until after the holidays and just before spring ... the bike is put up for winter now anyway!

As usual ... the info is very much appreciated!

Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Gambat
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed the Slimlines/AC/Power Vision last spring and amvery happy with the overall end results. I like how the pipe looks and theysound great (like a Harley again). Asfor the performance, it’s much improved over stock. The Rushmore’s seem to reallywake up with a stage-1 upgrade. I did a lot of researching before I jumped andeverything I found showed the Slimlines holding their own and making decent numberswhen compared to the others. Yes other pipes made higher numbers but the Slimlinesare right there too +/- a few HP. I found some good advice on here and otherforums. You need to decide what exactly you’re after. Sound, looks, performanceor some mixture of them and what YOU will ultimately be happy with. The cost toperformance ration should be considered too. For me I got it with the Slimlines,great sound, good looks and a good bump in performance over stock. Take your time,listen to pipes and talk to those that have the ones you’re interested in. Good luck

2014 Limited/Rinehart Slimlines w 4"/AC/Power Vision.

Last edited by Gambat; 12-07-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:30 AM
UnaHarlista
Tourer

Originally Posted by Gambat
I installed the Slimlines/AC/Power Vision last spring and am very happy with the overall end results. I like how the pipe looks and they sound great (like a Harley again). As for the performance, it’s much improved over stock. The Rushmore’s seem to really wake up with a stage-1 upgrade. I did a lot of researching before I jumped and everything I found showed the Slimlines holding their own and making decent numbers when compared to the others. Yes other pipes made higher numbers but the Slimlines are right there too +/- a few HP. I found some good advice on here and other forums. You need to decide what exactly you’re after. Sound, looks, performance or some mixture of them and what YOU will ultimately be happy with. The cost to performance ration should be considered too. For me I got it with the Slimlines,great sound, good looks and a good bump in performance over stock. Take your time,listen to pipes and talk to those that have the ones you’re interested in. Good luck

2014 Limited/Rinehart Slimlines w 4"/AC/Power Vision.
Feedback much appreciated!
I finally made a decision ... it was not the SLD's.
Look in my other post: Fullsac vs. Jackpot ... I posted what I decided on.

Thanks again.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:19 AM
Yncsss02
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart slimlines

I have the header pipe. first thing I noticed after install was the balanced exhaust output both sound and air. Love the way it looks too.

here's some pics

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m82mxtuju...3Moxz4P2poiy6a

Quick question UltraNutz!

Ran across your post about the Rinehart Slimlines and wondering if you still loved the sound? I am about to add the Slimlines to my 2014 SGS with CFR's and a screamin eagle air cleaner. I have been running the CFR's with the stock headers and AC for about 8 months and I love the sound.

I have seen people many people here with CFR's and V&H Power Duals, but I have been wondering about the CFR's and the Rinehart header.

I love that low rumble.

In your opinion, Slimlines or Rineharts for with my CFR's?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:36 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

IMO, you should just take your stock head pipe, remove the CAT, put it back on. That's going to give you the best bang for the buck and also improve your sound a bit as well making it a bit throatier.

Quick Reply: Rinehart Slimline Duals??