Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Vance & Hines 5-1/2″ Monster Oval Slip-On Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:32 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vance & Hines 5-1/2″ Monster Oval Slip-On Muffler

Anyone running these ? Likes Dislikes ?

Want to add them to my 2007 Stock EG with stock head pipes, just want a good slip on muffler and nothing else

Old 07-28-2014, 08:17 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain

Turns out my Local spring shop guy has these exact same pipes.... after talking with him he said they did get significantly quieter after time so he took out baffles as he did not releaize they were set up to be this quiet

Old 07-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Deuce55
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on my 07 Ultra. Overall I like them but understand that I have no other experience. I want to share a quality issue with you. The chrome is peeling off the tip on the right one. I do not have true duals or other header upgrades....just stock. So I guess that the right takes most of the exhaust work/heat. I cannot expect V&H to replace them since I asked and they said they are out of warrentee. Replacements are $130 each (quote they gave me just for tips). They are over 5 years old but had very low miles of use and bike always stored inside in an area of the country of mild weather. So, the bike had 5k miles when I bought it last year. I have since put 9 thousand miles on it. I store it inside as well. They are quiet. I like them so I my plan is to paint them flat black. I am looking at getting the tru duals too.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Deuce55
I have them on my 07 Ultra. Overall I like them but understand that I have no other experience. I want to share a quality issue with you. The chrome is peeling off the tip on the right one. I do not have true duals or other header upgrades....just stock. So I guess that the right takes most of the exhaust work/heat. I cannot expect V&H to replace them since I asked and they said they are out of warrentee. Replacements are $130 each (quote they gave me just for tips). They are over 5 years old but had very low miles of use and bike always stored inside in an area of the country of mild weather. So, the bike had 5k miles when I bought it last year. I have since put 9 thousand miles on it. I store it inside as well. They are quiet. I like them so I my plan is to paint them flat black. I am looking at getting the tru duals too.
That's what i have heard as well.... need something with a little more rumble

Thanks for the Input