Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

post preview worthless

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:52 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts
Default post preview worthless

When viewing a list of topics, hovering the cursor over a topic generates a pop-up preview of the beginning of the first post. Unfortunately, this board has that preview limited to so few characters that it's functionally worthless. It seems to me that it didn't used to be this way, and that it's a relatively recent change, but I suppose it's possible that my recollection is from other boards using the same forum software.

Old 07-08-2015, 01:50 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

The "preview" is just that, a preview. It was never intended to be a complete read of a post.
Want to read more than the preview...... just a quick click & read to your heart's content.
Not what you needed???? Just click on the backspace key & your back to where you before.
I have my mouse scroll wheel set up so I can side shift the wheel left for a backspace, & right push for forward.
And I thought I was lazy....LOLOL !

Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 AM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by sloufoot
The "preview" is just that, a preview. It was never intended to be a complete read of a post.
Want to read more than the preview...... just a quick click & read to your heart's content.
Not what you needed???? Just click on the backspace key & your back to where you before.
I have my mouse scroll wheel set up so I can side shift the wheel left for a backspace, & right push for forward.
And I thought I was lazy....LOLOL !
Seems you missed my point.

An actual preview could be quite helpful when checking through 14 pages of listings of new posts, with thread titles that don't even hint at the topic of discussion. As I mentioned, it's set to a useful length on other boards. I clearly didn't ask for a "complete post".

Old 08-29-2015, 05:25 PM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member

The preview feature is working much better now, much like it was when I first joined the forum. It's now quite helpful, again.