Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Pop ups on phone when viewing forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 03:35 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I have an Android Tablet and an iPhone 6s. No popups either.

Old 07-09-2016, 03:41 PM
16FXDLI
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I never get pop ups on my iPad. I get them every time on my iPhone. Its so bad that i quit checking the forum on my phone.

Old 07-10-2016, 11:09 AM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty42
It's a browser issue not the forum. Clear the history,cookies and cache then turn phone off and back on. Then stay away from the adult sites... LOL
I did this exactly. No adblocker and no more popups. Thank you!

Old 07-10-2016, 12:28 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,834 Likes on 17,453 Posts

Originally Posted by Milty
I did this exactly. No adblocker and no more popups. Thank you!
Do the adblocker you'll have a much better overall net experience, you won't believe how advertising is out there till you don't see it anymore.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:27 AM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

I started this thread. My problem is not the ads, those have always happened from time to time.
The issue I have is the phone vibrates and says viruses are detected, it takes over my browser and I cannot get away from it. This only happens on this forum...nowhere else, and I do not look at **** on my phone. I clear my history and cookies and reset the phone then it happens again...only on this forum. It's gotten so bad that I have just about quit getting on the forum. Ad blocker did not help.

Originally Posted by FLS103
I started this thread. My problem is not the ads, those have always happened from time to time.
The issue I have is the phone vibrates and says viruses are detected, it takes over my browser and I cannot get away from it. This only happens on this forum...nowhere else, and I do not look at **** on my phone. I clear my history and cookies and reset the phone then it happens again...only on this forum. It's gotten so bad that I have just about quit getting on the forum. Ad blocker did not help.
First time I have been on the forum in over a week. I typed the above post and then attempted to read my PM's and the phone vibrates and tells me I won a $1000 Walmart gift card. Couldn't get rid of it, had to clear and reset ....only on this forum

First time I have been on the forum in over a week. I typed the above post and then attempted to read my PM's and the phone vibrates and tells me I won a $1000 Walmart gift card. Couldn't get rid of it, had to clear and reset ....only on this forum
Now it wants me to install Go speed and app lock....only on this forum.
Anyone got any ideas? Love the forum, never at home so I use my phone but if I have to clear cookies, clear history and power phone on and off 5 times in 30 minutes it kinda sucks

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-01-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:41 AM
SNDSLGR
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Im right there also. Like the forum but about ready to dump it off my phone.. Cant read for more than 5 minutes without 'winning' something.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:53 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by SNDSLGR
Im right there also. Like the forum but about ready to dump it off my phone.. Cant read for more than 5 minutes without 'winning' something.
There's a sticky on the page about pop-up ads. I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I've never seen a pop-up ad.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-01-2016 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:05 PM
FLS103
Road Warrior
Received 240 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
There's a sticky on the page about pop-up ads. I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I've never seen a pop-up ad.
I am the OP. It's not actually pop ups. The phone vibrates and the browser goes to another page and either tells me that I won a Wal Mart gift card or that my phone is infected by a virus or I won a cruise... cant back out of the bogus page and it only happens on this forum, nowhere else. I have cleared browser history and cookies , even went so far as to remove my browser and then reinstall it. Still happens, and as I said it only happens on this forum.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:52 AM
roc2it
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am the OP. It's not actually pop ups. The phone vibrates and the browser goes to another page and either tells me that I won a Wal Mart gift card or that my phone is infected by a virus or I won a cruise... cant back out of the bogus page and it only happens on this forum, nowhere else. I have cleared browser history and cookies , even went so far as to remove my browser and then reinstall it. Still happens, and as I said it only happens on this forum.
yep. Mine is doing it now to... have to close tab

Old 08-09-2016, 06:58 AM
16FXDLI
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Thats cause you are using an ipad. It doesnt do it on ipads. It does it on iPhones.

Quick Reply: Pop ups on phone when viewing forum