Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Off Topic

Old 08-29-2016, 05:32 PM
gpeake13j
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I get the popups as well, anytime I am on a mobile device. The site is almost unviewable.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:13 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Get an ad blocker like everyone else.

Old 08-29-2016, 08:52 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 634 Likes on 327 Posts

I've had the same problem for some time now. They're (the forum geek squad) making some progress with it. I reported a while back but didn't get much traction. This thread seems to have gotten someone's attention. I've contributed to it.

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Ad blocker didn't fix anything on my phone or tablet, it's only this site and others owned by Internet Brands Inc. Tell the powers that be to fix it instead of telling people to add unnecessary software to their devices. I don't need an ad blocker except to visit this site on mobile devices and it still doesn't stop it from happening.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:52 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
This. I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I've never seen a pop up ad.

Funny...there's a sticky on this page asking to read it BEFORE you post about pop ups.

Old 08-29-2016, 11:46 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
This. I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I've never seen a pop up ad.

Funny...there's a sticky on this page asking to read it BEFORE you post about pop ups.
Interesting, isn't it. Surprising what a person can learn if they just take the time to read the stickies.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:59 AM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member

It's not pop-ups. It's an ad that hijacks the browser tab your in. Won't let you back up, makes the phone vibrate, and many of us have tried adblockers with no success. The techs thought they had found the rogue advertiser that's causing this. From the conversation in the thread I linked to, Internet Brands Inc is acknowledging it's an issue. Seems to be Android phones and tablets and select iPhones affected. Just because you're not having an issue, don't discredit those who are. I've been dealing with this for about a year.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:41 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
It's not pop-ups. It's an ad that hijacks the browser tab your in. Won't let you back up, makes the phone vibrate, and many of us have tried adblockers with no success. The techs thought they had found the rogue advertiser that's causing this. From the conversation in the thread I linked to, Internet Brands Inc is acknowledging it's an issue. Seems to be Android phones and tablets and select iPhones affected. Just because you're not having an issue, don't discredit those who are. I've been dealing with this for about a year.
Okay...I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I've never seen or had an ad hijacking my iPad.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Okay...I have Ad Blocker Plus on my iPad and I've never seen or had an ad hijacking my iPad.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM
Mister Breeze
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
Well said...

Been screwing with me for at least four months, maybe more. I don't have time to read every post or sticky from three years ago either. Whip me if you like because I commented on what the OP was having an issue with.

The one that drives me insane is the spinning game one that offers a new iPhone or something. Locks up my Iphone6 and I have to start over maybe 5 times to finish reading one thread.

I'm truly happy most don't seem to have an issue and hope they never do. Just don't crucify us for mentioning a problem.

I get I can leave if I don't like it here. So far the information received has outweighed any hassle with the locking ads. The others don't bother me at all. I get that it's a free site and somebody has to pay for it. Ads cover at least some of the cost. No problem. It just seemed funny that of ALL the sites I visit, this was the only one that did it. So far anyway....

I'll put up with it...