Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

Dates on Threads

Old 02-22-2017, 12:20 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,393 Likes on 1,539 Posts
Default Dates on Threads

Is there some reason why we can't get the start date listed with the title of a thread? Something like this:

Don't even need the time, the date would be plenty. The newbies keep digging up zombie threads from the last century...

Old 02-22-2017, 12:49 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

The start date is on the first post of the thread. To me, the time is useless. But having the date flashing in red won't stop threads from being revived by anyone...it's the subject that they see and are interested in. Part of the blame is the "related threads/posts" at the bottom of the page is the culprit they're being revived.

Informative threads are okay to me but threads asking for advice that are years old and being revived and answered, are unnecessary. The OP has surely fixed the problem after a period of time.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Frostbite
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,393 Likes on 1,539 Posts

That's the problem, you have to open the thread to see the date. It could be on the title page so you could skip all the zombies...

Old 02-22-2017, 05:10 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

On my iPad, I show a column for "last post" date. But new members aren't going to look at it. Like I said, members just see the title. Then some older ones will post on it, without looking at the date either. That's something I look at when I see a lot of posts and don't recognize the thread...but that's me.

Personally, I wish there was an "auto lock" on threads 2 years old and older.