Forum Issues Discuss any issues you are having with the Harley Davidson Forum software here.

PROBLEMS VIEWING IMAGES OR PMs

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Bearlevi007
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see my own bike here!

Old 05-27-2014, 09:49 AM
DEDO1369
Intermediate
Default PMs

Please activate my pm ability.

I joined this forum to buy parts for my wrecked bike. I am not a spammer,WORD BRO.

Regards,
DEDO

Old 05-27-2014, 10:03 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

In order to post any sort of ad you need to have 5 posts and be a member for 30 days. WORD BRO.

Old 05-30-2014, 10:32 AM
Mikeyjlam
5th Gear

Cool, I'm just scoping out the scene and taking it in a bit….

Old 06-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Clindaniel
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. That helps understand the issue

Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
johnmicb
3rd Gear
Default O.K. - that clears it up

I am new to the forum (brand new) and couldn't see the pictures of a Trike upgrade I found interesting. Searched FAQs, but might have not used the magic words in the search.

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Originally Posted by Patrick

Hello,
As some of you surely know, weve been getting spammers who join and never post but send out a ton of spam through the PM system and for a change, it isnt another forum.

We have made some usergroup alterations so that new members cannot get to the areas where these spammers are causing problems..mainly uploaded files (pictures) and the PM system.

NEW MEMBERS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO PICTURES OR PMs UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER FOR FIVE DAYS AND FIVE POSTS.

Ive been going through the complaints today in this section about not being able to access PMs or pictures and I see that almost every person with a problem has made less than 5 posts, or theyve been here for less than five days. This is why a great many of the people having the problem later post "nevermind..it works now".

If you are having these problems and you have less than five posts and less than five days on the forum...nothing is wrong. If youve been inactive for a long time, welcome back...post around the forum a little and when the system upgrades usergroups (usually later in the evening) you should be promoted.

If any of you have been here for more than five days and more than five posts (dont assume..make sure), please post in this section with a link to the thread with the pictures that you cannot see.

Reminder, HD Forums rules do not allow posting meaningless posts in order to boost your post count. So don't post 5 messages here so you can view images. They will be removed and your post count reset.

Thank you for your time and patience while we deal with the spam issues.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:24 PM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

good to know- i was having that problem (and I'm not a "spammer", just a rider..)

Old 06-11-2014, 06:50 AM
BlessedHellride
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Inquiry cancelled, problem resolved.

Last edited by BlessedHellride; 06-11-2014 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
bostonguy
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
Originally Posted by Patrick

Hello,
As some of you surely know, weve been getting spammers who join and never post but send out a ton of spam through the PM system and for a change, it isnt another forum.

We have made some usergroup alterations so that new members cannot get to the areas where these spammers are causing problems..mainly uploaded files (pictures) and the PM system.

NEW MEMBERS WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO PICTURES OR PMs UNTIL THEY HAVE BEEN AN ACTIVE MEMBER FOR FIVE DAYS AND FIVE POSTS.

Ive been going through the complaints today in this section about not being able to access PMs or pictures and I see that almost every person with a problem has made less than 5 posts, or theyve been here for less than five days. This is why a great many of the people having the problem later post "nevermind..it works now".

If you are having these problems and you have less than five posts and less than five days on the forum...nothing is wrong. If youve been inactive for a long time, welcome back...post around the forum a little and when the system upgrades usergroups (usually later in the evening) you should be promoted.

If any of you have been here for more than five days and more than five posts (dont assume..make sure), please post in this section with a link to the thread with the pictures that you cannot see.

Reminder, HD Forums rules do not allow posting meaningless posts in order to boost your post count. So don't post 5 messages here so you can view images. They will be removed and your post count reset.

Thank you for your time and patience while we deal with the spam issues.
I don't have much to say yet. Just got my first HD and am reading and learning. At least now I know why I'm not seeing the images properly.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
CoachKG
Advanced

Sorry for being confused - in addition to 5 posts, is the time requirement 5 days or 30 days? Post #1 says "5 days" and Post #14 says "30 days". Thanks.

Quick Reply: PROBLEMS VIEWING IMAGES OR PMs