Deluxe lined chaps and Zippered Rebel Vest

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:34 AM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Deluxe lined chaps and Zippered Rebel Vest

Chaps....those are the things that rarely get used, but when you need them, they better function as designed. So I paid the price and bought the FoxCreek Deluxe lined chaps. I was unsure as to what size to get so I called them and the polite lady that answered the phone recommended the size from my measurements I gave her. They arrived within a couple days and she was spot on. I didn't even have to trim the bottoms. The leather was soft and the stitching was flawless. The zippers don't bind and you don't have to struggle to get the zippers started at all. First ride with them it was about 50 degrees and I was completely warm. It was awesome. I was contemplating heated pants liners, but I shouldn't need them now. They have a lifetime warranty so should anything break or not function as it should, they will make it right. You can't beat that.

Vest.... I chose the zippered rebel vest for the one piece back and the zipper. Once again, I questioned the size and called. She nailed it again. I have a riding buddy that also bought FoxCreek rebel vest (before they offered a zipper) and he thought his was a little snug when it arrived, so he called FoxCreek and they sent him out the next size up (no charge) and asked that he return the one he didn't want. I don't know of any store that would do that. Anyways, the vest arrived and I was not surprised at all. It was perfect as I expected it to be. It fits like it was tailored to me, extremely well made and looks like it will last a lifetime. Once again, the lifetime warranty is what made the purchase worth while.

There are other companies out there offering great products as well, I am just sharing my experience with FoxCreek. I looked hard at Legendary but chose FoxCreek because of the first hand experience with their chaps.

Next are gloves, but it is hard for me to find gloves that fit properly. I have rather long skinny fingers. Currently wearing mechanix gloves in XL. Guess I should take measurements and call. I am sure I will get the right size the first time.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:01 AM
bballkking1
Cruiser
Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Within the last few weeks I received a custom rebel jacket. I had it made with a zippered front. I just couldn't do a button front on a jacket that would be used to keep me warm. Man this thing is is sweet. Every time I wear it it seems to be a bit more "relaxed" and A bit softer. It took all of the 10 weeks they informed me about for a custom order but it's worth it.

I have my eye on the Maverick gloves soon.