Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Trying to find a seat configuration for 2000 Electra Bagger w/stretched tank & fender

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Bigg Ed
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to find a seat configuration for 2000 Electra Bagger w/stretched tank & fender

I recently purchased a 2000 Harley Electra Glide, converted into a cheap custom bagger. I believe it has a bagger works rear fender that mounts atop of existing stock rear fender and extended saddle bags. The stretched tank appers to have the same dimensions as the Paul Yaffe stretched tank...Although its just a cover that has no part of aactually retaining the gas. It appers to have a custom made seat to configure to the above variables. I had talked one the phone with the Techs at J & P cycles and confirmed with him if the " Drag Specialities" seat with both drivers and passenger back rest seat would work with the stretched tank. He said it would. I was not taking the rear fender into account for the fit. So I went ahead and ordered the seat. About a week and $700 later I received seat in mail just to find out that the new rear fender was to high for the angle of the seat to rest properly. Returned seat with not much resistance, but took two weeks to refund my debit card. So, my question is "I want to have drivers & passenger backrest capabilities but to also be able to remove with out having noticeable evidence of backrest framework. I want to be able to retain that "Swept Back Look" that it currently has but with the ability to drop in the backrests for the longer rides. I have scoured the Internet for a seat and back rests that would work with my configuration. It seems like 2006 and newer is pretty easy to find, but any model older than 2006 is tough if not impossible to find. At least for one that wouldnt require modification. Does such seat exist?

Bigg Ed