Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Installing Ape Hanger Handlebars on a Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 12:17 AM
ajpointless
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know... It's been 5 years now almost since I posted this up. In that period of time, my bike has changed a LOT! I've stripped it down to the frame, rewired, rebuilt, and customized it into a fine machine, and have ridden the exact same bike all over Europe, the US, and Canada too. In the future, I plan to ride this bike all over Japan...

Since that time 5 years ago, I've moved on from HD Forums, and for a few years there, even forgot this website existed... However, today, I got a notification that someone had been on this very post, and liked what they saw or read or something... At first I had no idea what the notification was referring to when I saw the link. But I clicked on it and was brought here. I instantly recognized the post and started reading over it all over again. A strong sense of nostalgia took me by surprise. I had forgotten how many people replied to the post, and how many people expressed that they looked forward to doing the same thing after...

I can't help but wonder how many of those ended up doing some kind of customization on their bike because of this forum and the many people who post detailed write-ups... but I'm glad to know it's still here.

Where ever you all may ride to, enjoy the ride.

-AJ

Old 10-03-2015, 06:50 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks AJ. I, and certianly many others, found your tips to be invaluable.

Clearly you've used your Dyna as essentially a touring bike. I'd be super interested to read about the maintenance/reliability issues you've had to deal with, and how you handled them, way out on the road and in foreign lands. My '04 Dyna doesn't seem to be reliable enough to take on a really long trip. Every time I decide everything that could fail, has failed (& been replaced), something else lets go & I'm on the side of the road with my thumb in the air. So I start thinking "OK, what would I do in the middle of freakin nowhere if the belt broke, or IPB failed, or CKP sensor took a dump, etc?" Did you find those kinds of issues - issues? If so, how'd you handle em on the road?

Thanks again for the tips from 2010.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:57 AM
BrandonK63
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This write up is on point, Thank you!

Old 10-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Brendan Bowe
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nice post

Dang wish I read this 5 weeks ago! Nice post.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:50 AM
B.Cole
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Solid work

Thanks a ton, my bars and cables should be here in about an hour, looking forward to having this at my fingertips!