Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

superlow front n rear modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Kamlesh_D
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whoa?

I am form India too- and jeez- facing teh sme issue on teh SuperLow- the GC. Now this is the right thread to get the feedback, but what was the outcome of p'archers hunt in India for 13"shocks, assuming he did go ahead and do the mods.

Could you please update the forum, on if you used the stock H-D equipment sold at the H-D Stores in India or...

Your answers will save me a lot of internet hours...

Thanks,
KD
Mumbai, India.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:40 AM
hdsabba
Stage I

I've been considering the SuperLow as well and the things that's been beating me back is the GC. I wrote to Progressive and they suggested the 12.5' or 13' 440s and matching front springs.
I'd recommend writing to them for something that's more suitable for you. Don't forget to mention the total weight you're bike is expected to carry.
Like grbrown said, Progressive is not the only solution out there.
For India, you may want to check this site out. I've not ordered from them myself but may be worth contacting them.
Incidentally, Harley Davidson outlets in India also have a complete kit for the GC issue. You should ask your dealer. I understand it costs about Rs. 40k.

Happy Motoring

Old 08-17-2012, 03:13 AM
vinoo@go
Novice

Hi I am from india too in cochin , so how did you finally solve the GC issue . I can just replicate the same .where are you getting these progressive/hagons from in India

Old 08-17-2012, 04:25 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

We now have several SuperLow owners from India here, with a similar suspension problem. Can I suggest you contact each other by email to help solve things, then post your solution back here? We'll do our best to help answer any questions.

Last edited by grbrown; 12-04-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Grammar!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
vivek
Stage III

Hi guys. I recently bought a SuperLow and the infamous low GC problem has haunted me since (guess not unusual). I have gone in for the 12.5 inch 430 series progressive suspension with a matching 11-1527 front fork springs. This has certainly improved the ride quality, confidence in handling, especially on corners and has reduced the problem of bottoming out. However, given the wonderful quality control of speed breakers even in Delhi, occasional scraping continues (sad but true). The only solution is to cross them from the sides as much as possible and slowing down (guess also avoiding roads with such monstrosity). I was hoping that the problem will be completely eradicated...guess it is not going to happen.

I bought these from Amazon.com. The price was reasonable for both and comparable to the lowest in the market and shipping fast and efficient. However, I did have to deal with the customs clearance in Delhi, which took some time and effort (besides duty). I also looked at the possibility of their 412, but was advised the 430s. These are considered better, have a lifetime warranty and are easier to adjust without any tools when switching from a single to double ride profile. Still trying to get the best setting and have not lost hope to avoid the horrible scraping sound!!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:17 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Vivek, best of luck! For cornering clearance take those silly spikes off the footrests, if you haven't done so already. They screw off. We visited the British bike show at Birmingham yesterday and were talking to other visitors about them!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Eyedocsri
Stage II

Hi all
I have a superlow in the speed breaker capital of India - bangalore.
I upgraded my suspension within month of owning the Harley.
The dealer swaps it for front springs and rear shocks from the nightster..
And it works fantastically.
No more scraping over speed breakers.
GC. better by 30mm.
Rides way way better than the crappy stock suspension.
Cost rs 30000.( includes taller jiffy stand)

Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 AM
vivek
Stage III
Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by grbrown
Vivek, best of luck! For cornering clearance take those silly spikes off the footrests, if you haven't done so already. They screw off. We visited the British bike show at Birmingham yesterday and were talking to other visitors about them!
Thanks will try this out.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:16 PM
danosrs
Advanced
Default Progressive 11.5" Model 412,430 and 444 on RK?

Just wondering if anyone has the 11.5 inch progressive shocks installed on a RK Custom?

I know the stock shocks are 12 inch and I tried the lowering blocks but it would bottom out so I would like to know if anyone has installed the 11.5 and do they bottom out? If you have them on a RK custom is it any lower? Also any opinions on the difference other then cost.

lowering the front 1" after the 21" wheel installed and want to lower the rear if possible even if only .5 inch

Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM
danosrs
Advanced

Sorry brain fart, not sure how I got onto someones thread, please forgive!