Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.
Sponsored by: Progressive Suspension

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Hang Around
Default not lowered??? FLHRS

I have a 2007 Road King Custom. I replaced the rear air shocks with 11" eye to eye shocks, which dropped it 1" from the original 12" RKC shocks.
The problem: I was going to lower the front end- I got the Harley profile 1" drop kit.
I bought the bike used, I didn't check the ground clearance before ordering the front end kit.

I just measured the bottom of the frame- front and back and it is 4.7" off the ground. Stock is 4.7" off the ground...
So, By lowering the rear end 1", the frame should have dropped in the rear to 3.7" and the front- if not already lowered, should have stayed at 4.7".

I measured the length of the front fork, sitting straight up and on the ground- it measures 27.5" from the top of the nut to the center of the axle.
I called two HD shops and they had no clue and apparently no tape measure to check the front fork length on a stock bike.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM

P

Tags
davidson, flhrs, front, harley, lowered, lowering