Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes Discussions for your ride comfort and braking power.

Violent Front End Steering and Handlebars Shaking on My CVO Road Glide Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM
CandyRedUltra
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Violent Front End Steering and Handlebars Shaking on My CVO Road Glide Ultra

delete posting

Last edited by CandyRedUltra; 11-05-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: delete posting
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello new member.

I'd suggest you read this forum and use the search tool to locate all the many conversations (threads) that are already here, by searching the topic.

I would then suggest you locate some of the members who have had similar severe issues and see if they ever got any satisfaction with some sort of fix. You may even learn of fixes, or dealers that work on your ride.

You can reach out to those people in confidence by using the PM (private message) portion of the forum.

Personally I would have taken statements from those who witnessed the "bucking off" you mentioned, maybe even a police report and I would be involved with an attorney. Your very wise to NOT sign off on anything without being advised.

You have a considerable amount of "homework" to take on because there are hours, and perhaps days worth of writings on this forum about this single issue ...

If it were me I'd be insisting that the bike be replaced, or maybe better yet purchased back. I had a lemon Pontiac and was only given back a bare minimum of what I had invested. I took the money elsewhere after having too many rounds with the dealer and the many "heads" of Pontiac.

Last edited by JohnnyC; 09-10-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM
mickdeb
Stage I
Default CVO Road Glide Ultra Steering Problems (Candy Red)

Hello I am responding to your post about your CVO steering problem. We too had a 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra. Had it 5 months and had taken it to our dealer for the wobble and they also said they adjusted the "steering" . We also took it to another dealership in TN. July2, of 2011 our group rode to Pigeon Forge. July 7th was our accident. We were only doing 20 to 25 mph and the handlebar would not turn. Something broke we went flying. As a result I lost my right leg. I am cut thru the knee. I broke my hip, pelvic and have a rod in my right thigh. I was in the hospital for 3 months. HD at first was very gracious, wanting all the medical bills and sent 3 people down to look at our bike. After that I rec'd and email asking how much compensation I wanted for my injuries. I did not know, how do you put a price on losing a limb? So we ended up with an Attorney, well guess what? Nothing! We got screwed all the way around. I would love to talk to you. Here is my email address debraemmettd@yahoo.com please email me and maybe we can both get something done.

Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Peter Quinn
Road Captain
Received 158 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Shaking&Breaking

I believe that your two problems are unrelated.The one could be solved or proven by elevating the front end and spinning the wheel up to speed with a wheel balance rotor or with a dealer swop out
of wheel,disks,calipers,sliders&stansions.It is not rocket sience.! The other is clearly a catastrophic failure of steering bearings or self activation of the steering lock mechanism.I fail to see how the cause,in this case, is not clearly evident.
You guys need a top mechanic more than a lawyer.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM
CandyRedUltra
1st Gear

delete posting

Last edited by CandyRedUltra; 11-05-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: delete posting
Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
CandyRedUltra
1st Gear
Default Update to the Violent Handlebar Shaking Problem

I no longer own the bike. I look forward to buying my next new Harley.

Last edited by CandyRedUltra; 09-26-2012 at 03:11 PM.