Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

$69.95 LED headlight retrofit 15 minute install Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by digger58
Tried the install today, could not get the retainer spring to sit flush and obviously the rubber boot can not be re- used since the wires come out the side instead of straight off the back, how bout a bit more in the instruction area
If you're referring to the coil spring that I posted a picture of, it isn't used in Harley applications. You're correct, the rubber goes in the drawer with all the other 'spare parts'. lol

I just finished a 900 mile trip, with one full day of rain, and had no issues with the light. Plenty bright and received several positive comments on it.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM
digger58
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Deucedog
If you're referring to the coil spring that I posted a picture of, it isn't used in Harley applications. You're correct, the rubber goes in the drawer with all the other 'spare parts'. lol

I just finished a 900 mile trip, with one full day of rain, and had no issues with the light. Plenty bright and received several positive comments on it.
Actually speaking about the Harley retainer spring that holds the bulb assembly in place, sits perfectly with the old build and plate does not with the replacement bulb

Old 06-21-2016, 11:54 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 448 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by digger58
Actually speaking about the Harley retainer spring that holds the bulb assembly in place, sits perfectly with the old build and plate does not with the replacement bulb
It took me a good bit of futzin with it but you'll eventually get it to work, but you're right, with the stock bulb it slips right in place.

Old 06-22-2016, 04:07 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

I would like to add that while there's not much noticeable difference between high and low beam, everything is nicely lit up on low. I had a buddy ride in front of me the other night and he said he was amazed at how much light I had but it didn't bother him at all. I will also note that not one person coming towards me on the road has flashed their high beams at me for thinking I have my high beams on.
I'm very pleased.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:05 PM
jm35ny
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed mine last month and its been great. Very bright white light, some instructions would have been nice. Took a little practice to get it inside my Softail custom headlight bucket but I`m very happy with it!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:37 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

I just logged onto the Fuel Moto site to look at something else and there's a pop up now that explains the the bulbs are for off road use only and you have to click a box to agree that you read it...I don't recall anything like that when I looked at and ordered the bulbs. Wonder if i need to be concerned about getting stopped by the law?

Old 09-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by elPrez
I just logged onto the Fuel Moto site to look at something else and there's a pop up now that explains the the bulbs are for off road use only and you have to click a box to agree that you read it...I don't recall anything like that when I looked at and ordered the bulbs. Wonder if i need to be concerned about getting stopped by the law?
I have the same bulb. I'm guessing it's because it's not an OEM replacement bulb but rather a modification to the headlight. It is brighter so maybe it's their way of playing 'CYA' to protect them from law suits.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:28 PM
JayTee2015
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

I just replaced my headlight 2 weeks ago with an LED H4 bulb from Ebay for about $18.

It is the same as others costing 2 to 4 times more I have found from other vendors. Comes in the same box with the same adapters and is very bright. There are TWO versions. . . one is a 24 watt (2,200 to 2,500 lumens Bright) and the other is a 32 watt (about 3,000 to 3,200 lumens Bright).

I bought the 24 watt LED and it is so much brighter than the stock halogen bulb I felt I did not need the 32 watt.

Pics below . . ..

Last edited by JayTee2015; 08-29-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:19 PM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Deucedog
I have the same bulb. I'm guessing it's because it's not an OEM replacement bulb but rather a modification to the headlight. It is brighter so maybe it's their way of playing 'CYA' to protect them from law suits.
Oh yeah, I'm sure of that. Just wondering if Johnny law is going to have an issue with it, although I doubt it. Friends riding in front of me have said it's bright as hell but not obnoxious at all.

Last edited by elPrez; 09-08-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:17 PM
tmsimmon
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

easy and bright!

Quick Reply: $69.95 LED headlight retrofit 15 minute install Fuel Moto