Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

*New* TW-222 cams by Wood Performance

Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts
Default *New* TW-222 cams by Wood Performance

Fuel Moto is proud to announce a new cam we have been working on with Bobby Wood over the last 6 months called the Wood TW-222. This cam is designed specifically to optimize low RPM and midrange power on stock & lower compression 96" and 103" motors. This cam has .555 lift/short duration/early intake close, we have tested these cams in several motor-exhaust combinations and they make excellent low end torque and run out very smoothly, this cam will work especially well in FLH models and for those looking for power on the left side of the curve. These cams are expected to be ready about late August and we have already developed a handful of Power Vision calibrations for several application. The cam specs for the TW-222 are listed our our website at www.fuelmotousa.com/cams.htm

Here is a dyno chart comparing a completely stock 2012 Harley 103" Touring to the addition of Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers, Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, Stage 1 air cleaner, Dynojet Power Vision, and Wood TW-222 cams. +22Hp/20Tq

The chart below is from a 2011 103" Touring, Jackpot 2/1 exhaust, Stage 1 air cleaner, and Dynojet Power Vision

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Stud Duck (10-14-2016)
Old 07-26-2012, 12:31 PM
markrumsfield
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be interested in these especially if I can get a good map. Power characteristics similar to SE 255 ?

Old 07-27-2012, 05:29 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The cam I want

Wow! The dyno sheet looks a bit better than my SE255 cams
Was hunting for the SE255 cam specs to compare.

I think the TW-222 is my next cam selection!

Update 11/7/12 got those TW 222 cams installed and they rock!

Last edited by mgmmgm; 11-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:42 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,815 Likes on 21,295 Posts

That cam should have been out all along..

Cyclerama 575 looks awfully good too, and in fact they are so proud of their cam, they only make one, not a multitude of them, but only one..

How's that for confidence in your product?

I'm still pretty happy with my Feulings though, they come on strong and keep coming.
No flat/weak spots and are mildly agressive which is good for my ridin' style.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about some maps for the PCV, rather than the power vision?

Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaime, any feedback on the other characteristics of this cam? Fast ramps like other Woods cams and potentially noisier? And with the early intake close, any issues with pinging? Ideally, would like to be able to keep the tune in closed loop in normal cruise range and not dramatically lose MPG. Some of my buddies that run the 255 have had to drop their AFR a bit to keep it from pinging, and they only get mid 30's for MPG.

I may be interested in a change if I don't have to start from scratch in building a tune. I would think this may be a cooler running cam - 28 degrees of overlap versus 5 for my 254E?

Last edited by ColoSpgsMark; 07-31-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:05 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
Jaime, any feedback on the other characteristics of this cam? Fast ramps like other Woods cams and potentially noisier? And with the early intake close, any issues with pinging? Ideally, would like to be able to keep the tune in closed loop in normal cruise range and not dramatically lose MPG. Some of my buddies that run the 255 have had to drop their AFR a bit to keep it from pinging, and they only get mid 30's for MPG.

I may be interested in a change if I don't have to start from scratch in building a tune. I would think this may be a cooler running cam - 28 degrees of overlap versus 5 for my 254E?
The TW-222 is a pretty mild cam with conservative ramps, and they run nice and quiet. We have installed and tested them with several combinations and they make great power on the left side of the curve, and they are easy to tune. This pattern also allows the motor to run nice and cool especially compared to some of the other options out there, these specific considerations were the entire reason this cam was developed in the first place. This cam is a real winner for those looking for low end/mid range power on stock 96" and 103" bikes. We hope to test them in a 110" motor soon

Old 07-31-2012, 12:27 PM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jamie. With respect to a base tune for this cam, would you say you have one ready to go or is it still being worked? I'm definitely interested but want to make sure I've got a good PV tune to start with. I can refine the closed loop areas via the PV, but want to make sure it's pretty well dialed in where I cannot. I seldom ride WOT, but just want to be safe.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
Thanks Jamie. With respect to a base tune for this cam, would you say you have one ready to go or is it still being worked? I'm definitely interested but want to make sure I've got a good PV tune to start with. I can refine the closed loop areas via the PV, but want to make sure it's pretty well dialed in where I cannot. I seldom ride WOT, but just want to be safe.
As noted we have several PV calibrations already finished for TW-222 cams and have posted several dyno charts here and on our website. By the time the cams are released we will have more and more calibrations finished up as well for different configurations

Old 08-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Led Sled
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie, you mentioned these cams make the engine run nice and cool. Is that compared to stock cams? I have a 2010 street glide 96 with stock cams.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *New* TW-222 cams by Wood Performance