Notices
Gear and Other Items For Sale Helmets, gloves, leathers, etc. and any non-motorcycle related ads. Please read the rules for posting in this section.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: HAL VEST - Hell’s Angel Leather Vest – XXL Size

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 08:50 AM
4-Banger
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: HAL VEST - Hell’s Angel Leather Vest – XXL Size

SOLD

Full Collar (snap down), Red Lining, Size XXL, 2 front chest pockets and 1 left interior lined gun pocket

Excellent Shape – thick leather, NO Patches & NO Pin Holes!!! – All snaps work great

Only very minor issues are the small sizing tag (“XXL”) has a small tear (who cares?) and there are a couple small darker blemishes on the interior red lining - these are barely noticeable and could probably be removed by dry cleaner, etc. You will be hard pressed to find one of these highly sought after vests in better condition. Sorry pics not the greatest…

$500 Shipped – US ONLY - PayPal ONLY – Send a PM

IMPORTANT NOTE: These vests are notorious for running approximately 2 Sizes too small. I’m 6’3”, 250lbs, 50” chest, typically wear XL – XXL shirts/coats and this vest is too snug. IMO, it is better suited for someone that wears L – XL jacket (~44-48 chest).

The Story…
In the early 1990s Lil Joe Senkir came up with the idea to create a line of motorcycle Apparel that would be made in the USA, and would look great while giving the protection needed, while blasting down the back roads and freeways of the world...
Lil Joe, being the perfectionist, spent countless hours designing and refining the vests we manufacture today.
Officially hitting the market in 1993, HA Leather started off with most of the interest coming from his club brothers and supporters of the club.
In 1998 Easyriders magazine called HA Leathers, "The Real Deal in Motorcycle Gear."
In 2003, Lil Joe, after a long struggle with illness passed on to the other side. By 2004, his wife Lori hooked up with seasoned Biker/ Businessman Mike Mills, a former club brother of Lil Joes, and Lil Joes Legendary Leathers was born.

Last edited by 4-Banger; 04-24-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Item has been SOLD
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow... $500 !? You can buy it brand new for $320 from Lil Joes! Best of luck.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:28 PM
easyrider_wil_883
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Night Stalker
Wow... $500 !? You can buy it brand new for $320 from Lil Joes! Best of luck.
Bartels has them new for $365, good luck with the sale!

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 AM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Default vest

No disrespect to Mike Mills but HA and Lil Joe's are worlds apart. I own both a denim and leather Lil Joe's but they're not the same as the original HA Leather.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
4-Banger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by apbtlvr
No disrespect to Mike Mills but HA and Lil Joe's are worlds apart. I own both a denim and leather Lil Joe's but they're not the same as the original HA Leather.
True. Thank you. Yo can't find these "New" - THIS IS NOT A LIL JOES VEST (albeit it may have been made by Lil Joe himself).

I know what other vests cost, anyone can buy a less expensive new Lil Joes if they want, go ahead...

This is an EARLY, ORIGINAL Hell's Angel Vest, no longer in production; I own a Fox Creek leather vest, another HAL, and Vanson & Schott leather jackets. The HAL vest exceeds them all, the leather is heavy & thick (~1.6-1.8mm), soft, and the workmanship is unreal. Stitch work perfect, liner fitted meticulously w/no excess, ripples, etc.

Fact: these vests fetch 300-500 used depending on conditon. I wish I could keep it, simply too small for me; so bought another HAL original a size up XXXL w/1" collar - I paid more than a new Lil Joes, but I got something much, much better IMO... Lil Joes are nice vests, just not the same...

Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 AM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4-Banger
True. Thank you. Yo can't find these "New" - THIS IS NOT A LIL JOES VEST (albeit it may have been made by Lil Joe himself).

I know what other vests cost, anyone can buy a less expensive new Lil Joes if they want, go ahead...

This is an EARLY, ORIGINAL Hell's Angel Vest, no longer in production; I own a Fox Creek leather vest, another HAL, and Vanson & Schott leather jackets. The HAL vest exceeds them all, the leather is heavy & thick (~1.6-1.8mm), soft, and the workmanship is unreal. Stitch work perfect, liner fitted meticulously w/no excess, ripples, etc.

Fact: these vests fetch 300-500 used depending on conditon. I wish I could keep it, simply too small for me; so bought another HAL original a size up XXXL w/1" collar - I paid more than a new Lil Joes, but I got something much, much better IMO... Lil Joes are nice vests, just not the same...
this is all true and in the big sizes they are simply extinct ! im shocked you found a xxxl ive been looking for years ! 500 is a great price !

Old 03-08-2012, 12:00 PM
KevenW
Tourer

I'm too bony or I'd own this! Good price! Somebody get this!

Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM
saltydog1911
Cruiser

Where did you find a xxxl?
I'm too fat or I would buy this one.

Last edited by saltydog1911; 03-08-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: add
Old 03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
ro9beam2002
Cruiser

I can vouch for this as well.... I have a xxl HA vest and a xxl HA riders jacket "this was extremely hard to find"... the HA stuff is second to none...

this picture below is the xxl vest over the xxl riders jacket both authentic HA... i am 6'4" tall and 255lbs and fit me like a glove now... these are form fitting leathers... the riders jacket especially... some people like them snug and some dont... I prefer them snug... makes for a better ride... the wife is wearing a harley nevada jacket... i also have a pair of HA chaps, but not in the picture... i wear these everyday, and the riders jacket was new when i bought it

Attached Thumbnails -2-up-penny.jpg  

Last edited by ro9beam2002; 03-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM
4-Banger
Cruiser

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by latnyte
this is all true and in the big sizes they are simply extinct ! im shocked you found a xxxl ive been looking for years ! 500 is a great price !
saltydog1911: Where did you find a xxxl?
I'm too fat or I would buy this one.
I got lucky finding the XXXL - I kept google searching these vests for sale, a few search pages in I found a guy in CA selling it on a small choppercult forum.

FWIW, and in response to ro9beam2002's post (we're similar in size), the XXL still fits me (6'3" 250lb 48-50 chest) but is too snug for my tastes, especially buttoned up; and would require vest extenders if worn over something bulky.

Thanks for the support/bumps.

Quick Reply: FS: HAL VEST - Hell’s Angel Leather Vest – XXL Size