General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good experience with dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 01:51 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Good experience with dealer

Recently had a good experience with San Jacinto HD here in Houston. Since many times we are frustrated with services (or lack thereof) provided by dealers, I thought I'd give a shout out for a good one.

My shift linkage was loose, and I was told by both an independent garage and SJHD that I may have to have the shift shaft replaced -- as the splines on the shaft wear out over time (62k miles on it, and it was probably due for replacement). The part, only $5 or so, would require 3+ hours of service, including the removal of the inner primary and other components. HOWEVER, upon further examination, the tech found that it was merely a nut/bolt combo that had been tightened over time, which holds the linkage to the shaft, and that was stripped. So he replaced that with a new one, and it is good as new. Cost? $47 out the door.

Good job, guys. Integrity and honest service renews my trust in you.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:53 PM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

I love hearing about good dealership experiences. It just seems there is not enough of them.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Michael knowles
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kept losing tire pressure was quoted price to replace on phone, yilkes!! Chris the Tech called, found a large construction staple. At pick up he said "Replaced tubeless tire at a discount from phone quote plus not charging labor fee". That was awesome surprise.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:14 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I love hearing about good dealership experiences. It just seems there is not enough of them.
Sad but true.

Old 09-20-2014, 09:35 AM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

I've had a good experience in just about every dealers I've ever been in and there have been a lot of them in my 47 years of Harley riding. There are just a few that I wouldn't go back to, but overall, my dealer experiences have been very good. I firmly believe many are just looking for an excuse to complain about dealers. It's like a internet sport of some sort. They look for some reason to complain.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by roadking2000
I've had a good experience in just about every dealers I've ever been in and there have been a lot of them in my 47 years of Harley riding. There are just a few that I wouldn't go back to, but overall, my dealer experiences have been very good. I firmly believe many are just looking for an excuse to complain about dealers. It's like a internet sport of some sort. They look for some reason to complain.
100% agree. The squeeky wheel......

Rax

Old 09-20-2014, 11:46 AM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadking2000
+1 on that. It is tiring to read idiotic comments about "stealerships" and "terrorists" as they relate to HD dealers. I suppose the beauty of it is that our freedom of speech gives me the same right to call those guys frickin' whiners.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:03 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by pastime
+1 on that. It is tiring to read idiotic comments about "stealerships" and "terrorists" as they relate to HD dealers. I suppose the beauty of it is that our freedom of speech gives me the same right to call those guys frickin' whiners.
They complain if the salesman wouldn't leave them alone and then complain if they aren't attentive enough. No dealer has ever stolen anything from me. They gave me a price and I either paid it or I shopped around for a better deal but they never stole anything. I ask, they answer. Don't know why others have a problem. No dealer has ever tried to sell me anything I wasn't shopping for. I wanted a Dyna, they showed me Dynas. I wanted a Roadking, they showed and talked to me about Roadkings. If I have a service issue, they tell me when to bring it in, when they expect to have it done, and how much it will cost. If they discover something else wrong, they call explain it to me, show it to me if a want to see it, and fix it if I want them to for the price they said it would be and they have stood behind whatever they did. I have no issues with dealers. I don't know where all these stealerships are located, but they aren't anywhere I've traveled. I have a relative that's a tech and she doesn't see 1/2 of what these guys say happens everywhere, and all the time. Like I said, dealer and HD bashing is like a sport to some of these guys.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:00 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Sad but true.

I beg to differ. Truth is most only post when they have an issue not when they have a good experience. Except you, you post no matter what, in every thread. Hey, it's your thing. Do what you wanna do.