General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Harley Stories

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 01:59 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts
Default The Harley Stories

I have a few of my personal favorites.
Wife of now 35 years, kept dating me because I had a Harley parked in my living room when she meet me.

At a Blue Grass festival camp ground a bunch of Locals had a 4X4 truck pull going on, they would hook a chain to the two truck bumpers to see who could pull who. There was a guy on his Honda that wanted to get through this drunken crowd, he did not make it, they put a chain to the back of his bike and made him try to pull them. My buddies and I were out of beer and needed to make a beer run but hesitated to attempt that crowd. The beer won out and we headed towards the crowd, the big guy with a big stick saw us coming, He yelled to the Crowd, " Make way for the Harley's" and the crowd parted like Moses did the Red Sea.

I ran out of gas in the city { San Francisco } , CHP stopped and called a tow truck. The Tow truck shows up with gas and sees that Im on a Harley. Gave me gas for Free.

Got any of your Own that you care to tell?

Old 09-24-2014, 02:04 PM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

Many times I've gone to the Harley Dealer and paid a lot of money for ......most everything.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 PM
m6zero
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
Many times I've gone to the Harley Dealer and paid a lot of money for ......most everything.
That made me laugh

Old 09-24-2014, 02:34 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,070 Likes on 2,554 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
MOST everything?

Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get free donuts and coffee every time I stop in to get a quart of Formula+.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:00 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

When I rode a Honda I met the nicest people, since I've had a Harley I've met everyone else. lol

Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Super Glidester
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,574 Likes on 9,799 Posts

I once had a strange woman approach me and ask for a ride on my Sportster, I had to decline cause the ol' lady was in close proximity.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My neighbor and I ride out every chance we get and we always end up at our local pub called 'The Ram' which is on the main road through the village of Brandon, England. The owner is an older lady who absolutely loves us because we're military and our Harleys parked out front brings attention to her pub. We park our bikes right near the main entry way per her request.
Whenever we pull up, she stops serving anyone and everyone at the bar, pours us two pints of Fosters and brings them to the outside table to us. By the time we get our helmets and gloves off, she is handing us our pints and lighting my buddy's cigarette. She's awesome and we always drop her a generous tip before we leave. We tend to get attention from the female patrons who see this going on as well...good times.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:34 PM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran over an armadillo once in Texas. It was a warm January weekend, so we took a ride to Amarillo (5 hour) trip from our house. We ended up at a biker bar in downtown Amarillo, we were the only bike there, since it was too cold for the locals to ride. After leaving the bar, the SOB ran out right in front of us, talk about a bump in the night...oh did I forget to mention that we ran out of gas on that trip too?

Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
MOST everything?

ha ha yeah my Harley dealer offers free coffee

Quick Reply: The Harley Stories