General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in British Columbia

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Back in British Columbia

From a couple of weeks ago. Girlfriend and I had planned to take the Harleys,but an injury to her clutch hand put the brakes on that. Crossed at the Nighthawk frontier crossing,and followed the Similkameen River through Karemeos,Princeton,up to Merrit,and finally, Cache Creek, for the first run. Fall finally showing some color. Great motorcycle road,had to settle for the Cooper S,but got over it.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

A number of these old churches around,wasn't able to find out what denomination,but all are abandoned and boarded up.

Old 11-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Country changes dramatically between Cache Creek and Kamloops,along the Thompson River. We had intended to head to Jasper,in the Canadian Rockies,but got sidetracked sightseeing,and just rolled into Vernon,and south to Osoyoos and home. Left a lot to see for the next run.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:21 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty country. Been a long time since I was up that way. Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:44 PM
1004ron
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistnride
Girlfriend and I had planned to take the Harleys,but an injury to her clutch hand put the brakes on that.

Great choice of words and great scenery.

I've just got back from a 10 day vacation in the Rocky Mountains Colorado and really enjoyed the scenery there as well - it too would have been great on the Harley, but used the car - wife would never be able to pack for a week travelling on the bike, plus we have a little mutt.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:45 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Too bad about girlfriend but whether riding or driving, still some great country up there to see.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:00 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

Thanks for sharing some great pics of one of my favorite riding areas...
At least the two of you were together; I'd really like to try a Cooper S someday; has more appeal for me than a trike (OOOPS!) but I'm hoping for many more years on two wheels.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:32 PM
RaSh
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,421 Likes on 5,534 Posts

Beautiful country T&R, on my list for sure.

Haven't spent a lot of time in the PNW, only a 10 day business trip in Seattle so even that was an evening/weekend limited excursion, much of that with co-workers in tow.

On the plus side we did not experience the fabled rain for the area, saw plenty of thick moss on rooftops so I know that it's a factor, but we were blessed with decent weather.

Your pictures reminded me that I must return on my own time. Thanks.

Oh BTW, my buddy from Colorado will be bringing me a can of Obenauf's when he returns to this area in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 11-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1004ron
Great choice of words and great scenery.

I've just got back from a 10 day vacation in the Rocky Mountains Colorado and really enjoyed the scenery there as well - it too would have been great on the Harley, but used the car - wife would never be able to pack for a week travelling on the bike, plus we have a little mutt.
This time of year,riding the Colorado Rockies,heated gear is a must,you were better off in the car. Mid summer is the time to ride there.
Originally Posted by sharkey
Thanks for sharing some great pics of one of my favorite riding areas...
At least the two of you were together; I'd really like to try a Cooper S someday; has more appeal for me than a trike (OOOPS!) but I'm hoping for many more years on two wheels.
a I hear ya'! The Cooper will run away from a Harley in the curves,but no wind factor to air out the skull. I will consider myself blessed to die on two wheels,those "other" conveyances just don't blow the ol' kilt up!
Originally Posted by RaSh
Beautiful country T&R, on my list for sure.

Haven't spent a lot of time in the PNW, only a 10 day business trip in Seattle so even that was an evening/weekend limited excursion, much of that with co-workers in tow.

On the plus side we did not experience the fabled rain for the area, saw plenty of thick moss on rooftops so I know that it's a factor, but we were blessed with decent weather.

Your pictures reminded me that I must return on my own time. Thanks.

Oh BTW, my buddy from Colorado will be bringing me a can of Obenauf's when he returns to this area in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the recommendation.
We've had rain here for the last week,unusual on the right side of the state,sun shining today,and just getting geared up for a ride on the Loomis/Oroville road,will take the camera,again. This is a rider's paradise,throw in Montana,and Idaho just next door,and Canada 3 miles away,pretty hard to beat. You'll like Obenauf's,been keeping good leather gear happy with it,for a lot of years,now.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:43 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Looks like some really nice scenery.