General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no news is good news for me

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 09:40 PM
kingomtn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no news is good news for me

Earlier this year a multitude if issues pressed me into making arrangements to sell my bike. I made a pkg deal with a friend of a family member secured with a decent deposit. Arrangement was to use the bike through riding season and the balance due on pickup in sept or oct.
Well through the summer I did not ride much (selling a house, a couple deaths of friend and family and didn't quite "feel right" to use the bike much.
Well, as things go, life got back on track and I started having a bit of regret. As summer faded into fall silence of the buyer prevailed. By the end of Oct I thought I better, at least, make contact. A couple weeks after leaving a message I found out 'things' in his life did not line up and he needed a couple weeks to wrap up loose ends, but hinted at an extended 'buy option'. I thought not such a good idea and suggested he get back in a couple weeks with his plan.
Well tonight I got the call, the bike stays, I'm pleased and hope to get some good riding in before winter sets in (we've been blessed with great weather this fall and in the past couple weeks enjoyed good riding on my bike). The only mar is my good fortune comes at anothers loss.
lesson(s) learned!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:15 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

good for ya.. ??? I think..!!!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:45 PM
kingomtn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, yea. this is good. I could have used the $ for other projects. I'm very glad she's staying, after getting her (04 flhri) in shape with upgrades for safety, comfort, reliability and moderate performance gain.
Hopefully the backed out buyer can get his family's needs worked out. Fortunately health is not an issue.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:02 AM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's always a happy ending when you get to keep the bike!