General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Widow MC lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 06:45 PM
Calavera Negra
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would use this in conjunction with my rear swingarm stand. When the rear is up with that swingarm stand I can sit on it, push it, shake it and that thing is not going anywhere.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:25 PM
enginesludge
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
I bought the pricey jack off Craigs list from a guy up in Newport News, Va for $200 after the pickup totaled the RG because I knew the bike was going to be up in the air for awhile. But the BMW has both the oil pan and the exhaust beneath the frame rails so pricey one is useless.

This little (3) point might be just the ticket with a few modifications. The pic isn't me but the same bike. All you've got is motor and mufflers to lift against.
Dont overlook making some simple mods to your pricy jack. I already cut a few blocks to work around one situation. Seems any mod that could be welded or bolted to the $35 flip jack could be assembled and bolted(add and remove as needed) to your hydraulic unit. I sure do like the easy controlled lifting with a motorcycle jack.

There got to be many tricks to store the motorcycle jacks. Mine will roll right under my 4wd pickup. Got a few other items under there.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:32 PM
popcorn13
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

J&S nuff said. just me.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:03 PM
enginesludge
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 'problem' with tools is just like my old B&W TV. I was happy to have one until I spent some time watching a color set.

Something else may not be obvious, but you can lift a bit with a MC jack off center so one wheel remains on the ground. I did that when messing with some spacers to boost spring tension in my 1987 front forks. Not saying I need to too, but; I always feel more secure lifting anything the absolute minimum needed to do the work.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:48 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,925 Likes on 3,023 Posts

I've got one, it works great for my bike.
If I'm really cranking on it, it comes with straps to strap the bike to the lift.
It's not going anywhere.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by FolsomPrisonBlues

Also, that $35 jack only lifts up to 1,000 pounds. My bike ways around 800, without bags. Throw some hard saddlebags on it and I'd be pushing that 1,000 pounds. Sorry, just wouldn't not trust it at all.
You have the heaviest saddlebags in the entire world.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:34 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Yeah my brother and I made one of these way back when too. He still has it at his place. They work just fine for what they are intended to do; get a wheel off the ground.

Few pieces of black steel pipe and some rubber to protect the frame where it makes contact. Easy and quick.

LiiT

Old 11-28-2014, 11:07 AM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

This style of lift has been around for many years. Unfortunatly I don't think it'd work for me. To be safe it takes two people and I don't have any friends. A tool does not HAVE to be expensive to be good. It's value is in it's design and materials and not it's pricetag.

I've had Larin, I have had J&S and I now I have a Pitbull, they all worked. But those videos of guys jumping around on their bike while it's on the jack are a bit deceiving. The jack will remain rock steady as long as the stunts are performed directly between the supports of the jack. Apply ANY pressure to the front or rear of the bike and the bike will rock and the jack will flex. It's done it with my cheap jack and it's done it with both my expensive jacks. If you really want rock steady get a table lift. If you want quick and small footprint get a jack. I like my Pitbull 'cause I got the air assist. And yeah, some are better than others.

The shelf is an idea I stole from another forum member. It holds tools and beer.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:31 PM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

You can make a nice roll-over stand like that with a little sweat and a burnt finger

Old 11-28-2014, 05:14 PM
edonthenet
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered this lift from Amazon. Looks like it should work okay for lifting my Ultra Limited. I don't need to move it around once it's up so wheels aren't a priority and my Dewalt cordless should run the screw up and down with a socket.
Black Widow Motorcycle Scissor Jack Black Widow Motorcycle Scissor Jack

Quick Reply: Black Widow MC lift