General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Widow MC lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 05:26 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,903 Likes on 17,471 Posts

Originally Posted by edonthenet
I just ordered this lift from Amazon. Looks like it should work okay for lifting my Ultra Limited. I don't need to move it around once it's up so wheels aren't a priority and my Dewalt cordless should run the screw up and down with a socket.
Black Widow Motorcycle Scissor Jack

So how you going to stabilize the bike ? That will give you 2 contact points and you need 3 .........

Old 11-28-2014, 05:31 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,918 Likes on 3,019 Posts

I just ordered this lift from Amazon. Looks like it should work okay for lifting my Ultra Limited. I don't need to move it around once it's up so wheels aren't a priority and my Dewalt cordless should run the screw up and down with a socket.

Your Dewalt cordless won't lift your bike. If it does it's not going to last long.
Also a very small table plate.

Last edited by RANGER73; 11-28-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:14 PM
472viper
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have one of those jacks and it is one of my favorites. Low profile, don't care how low your bike is, that jack will fit underneath it. Fairly wide platform for the bike to set on, but the higher you go the less stable it feels. I raise mine with a 3/4 inch drive ratchet, your DeWalt cordless just aint gonna cut it.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:49 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,546 Likes on 3,057 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
So how you going to stabilize the bike ? That will give you 2 contact points and you need 3 .........
True. I've used these "table jacks" to lift the rear of a bike high enough to remove the rear wheel while the bike was strapped to a lift table in the front.

Very stable that way, but not when used as a stand alone by itself.

Old 11-29-2014, 12:57 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,903 Likes on 17,471 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
True. I've used these "table jacks" to lift the rear of a bike high enough to remove the rear wheel while the bike was strapped to a lift table in the front.

Very stable that way, but not when used as a stand alone by itself.
I have used a small auto type hyd. jack with a block under the kickstand to get the 3 spot tripod when I had no choice but man that's asking Murphy to crap on your day. I use the scissor under them all the time on the table lift, one of the wheels has to be locked down some how or you are flirting with a dumped bike big time.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:37 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,546 Likes on 3,057 Posts

Speaking of auto jacks placed opposite of the kickstands, you can lift the front wheel of the RG easily high enough to pull the front wheel as long as you brace it for the time it takes to get the tire changed. (Just watch for the wire running down the right frame tube from the alternator to the battery! Pinching it causes lots of sparks...)

Old 11-29-2014, 01:43 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

That's just fine as long as you hold the bike while it's up on it,and don't try to work on it.

Old 11-29-2014, 08:26 PM
The Dude
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I use a blackjack sissor lift from Dereck weaver on my Titan lift table. Table worked great for pulling the primary and transseal out of my dyna.I bought a second sizzor so i could use one front and rear staggerd the oil pan same as the lift arms sit on craftsman and j&s. Dyna is stored on a crafstman red , limited on the table , amd my j&s is sitting empty. I bought the j&s for the limited but the craftsman i reworked it to fit the Dyna. I like the footpedal bleed control on the craftsman better. I dont care for being bent under the bike trying to loosen the bleed valve. I like to stand upright and hold the front brake and bars as it comes down and touches down. i never trust i have the sidestand locked. On the table I raise the sizzor lift up to just hit the bottom frame on bike when i store them on the table. As for raising the sizzor jack, i just use a 8"adjustable wrench, doesnt take much effort, but a socket would be faster. Each has there pro's and cons i guess.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:47 PM
edonthenet
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twincruiser
Has anyone used the Black Widow Motorcycle Lift?

http://www.discountramps.com/cruiser-stand/p/BW-37/

It looks like a nice inexpensive alternative to a Sears ATV/MC lift, and easier to store. From the video it looks easy to use and would definitely work for cleaning rims/spokes, but will it lift the front or back high enough to remove a wheel for tire replacement?
So my 1st choice was the same lift until I found the Black Widow Motorcycle Scissor Jack. Works great and is an all mechanical unit so I'm expecting it will be very durable. And it takes up about the same space as a phone book (remember those) so my garage footprint is not reduced. But this lift works very well, is smooth and professionally built and is not a ripoff like these hydraulic jacks everyone is toting. I wanted the same thing out of mine which is cleaning purposes and it's that and more.

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
The 3rd point is the wheel that is down, I'm not looking to lift the entire bike at once. But if I need to I can always use a jack stand or 2.

Originally Posted by RANGER73
Your Dewalt cordless won't lift your bike. If it does it's not going to last long.
Also a very small table plate.
The cordless is a 18v XRP drill/nut driver. I can run that table up and down all day long without a sweat, hell this thing will do lug nuts, unlike those tinker toys the big box store pushes.

Originally Posted by 472viper
I have one of those jacks and it is one of my favorites. Low profile, don't care how low your bike is, that jack will fit underneath it. Fairly wide platform for the bike to set on, but the higher you go the less stable it feels. I raise mine with a 3/4 inch drive ratchet, your DeWalt cordless just aint gonna cut it.
See reply above.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Joe Dirt 14
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default j@s jack

Originally Posted by Stiggy
The jack never even gets close the the load limit because there's always a wheel on the ground. It will do what its designed to do. He'll do alright with it.

(Now why you think a Harbor Freight $99 POS "jack" is safe for your $16,000 bike is another conversation. That's why GOOD jacks cost closer to $400, (like my J&S Pit Bull for example.)

that is the jack I am saving for. how do you like it? I have a 2013 electra glide ultra limited and don't trust those cheap jacks.