General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS Backorder

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:49 AM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,886 Likes on 4,148 Posts
Default LRS Backorder

Is anyone still waiting on their LRS poly light tint shield that has been backordered. I ordered mine on 11/11, shipping label was created on 11/17. Called a couple of weeks later to learn about the backorder. I figured I'd ask here first before I give them another call.

Thanx
Gabe

Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

Yup, same here. I got a shipping confirmation a little over a week ago. I called them last night to ask why the tracking status hadn't changed and was told it was because they haven't shipped it yet. The fella I spoke with said it only effects poly shields with light tint (which is what I ordered) and that they were still waiting for a shipment. He said they were expecting it last week but it's looking like they'll be getting the shipment this week. He said once the shipment comes in, they're going to dedicate all their time to fulfilling those orders for poly shields with light tint.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:28 AM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Yup, same here. I got a shipping confirmation a little over a week ago. I called them last night to ask why the tracking status hadn't changed and was told it was because they haven't shipped it yet. The fella I spoke with said it only effects poly shields with light tint (which is what I ordered) and that they were still waiting for a shipment. He said they were expecting it last week but it's looking like they'll be getting the shipment this week. He said once the shipment comes in, they're going to dedicate all their time to fulfilling those orders for poly shields with light tint.
Thanx for the update!

Old 12-09-2014, 10:35 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

SWThomas is correct. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. It has been a nightmare on our end. Wednesday is when the material is suppose to arrive this time. I say that because they have told us 2 different dates before. This is the 3rd. It makes it tough to go off of their information and inform our customers when it will be here, and then have it not be here. But, as stated as soon as it arrives we will be dropping what we're doing and fulfilling the orders.

Thanks to everyone who has been patience with us. It's really appreciated.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 12-09-2014, 11:06 AM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
SWThomas is correct. We are really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. It has been a nightmare on our end. Wednesday is when the material is suppose to arrive this time. I say that because they have told us 2 different dates before. This is the 3rd. It makes it tough to go off of their information and inform our customers when it will be here, and then have it not be here. But, as stated as soon as it arrives we will be dropping what we're doing and fulfilling the orders.

All is good! Thanx for the heads up! Saved me a phone call

Old 12-09-2014, 11:50 AM
kingomtn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lrs are straight shooters. I've bought from them and am very satisfied with the quality (make sure to buy from dealer any rubber strips needed (rk and others).
One thing to make note of is they make and sell shields. If I understand correctly none are shipped in complete, all are made in Sparks of sheets of plastic brought in (and likely the delay is the plastic manufacturer.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:06 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts

Did the material arrive today?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:13 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

I am so very happy to report that the material we are all waiting for is........

HERE!!!!!

Finally, it arrived this morning and we have been attacking it since its arrival. We are going oldest orders first of course and those go back to the 11th.

I can't stress how much I appreciate everyone holding on and bearing with us on this. I don't think we've ever had to backorder for this long. Everyone has been really great and patient with me and I really am appreciative with that. We should be completely caught up by mid next week. If you've already been emailed tracking information, I'll be doing my best to re email you again once they actually go out.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:16 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1

It's really great seeing you guys post status updates here. Most businesses I'm sure run into this type of issue from time to time, and being upfront with your customers is bound to make them happier and more tolerant of any issues.

I'm likely going to be in the market for a new windshield in the spring, and seeing this kind of communication just reinforces me keeping LRS at the top of my list.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:20 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts

Great news thanks!

Quick Reply: LRS Backorder