General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New helmet intercom that needs no speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 11:12 PM
bigjoe21
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New helmet intercom that needs no speakers

Not sure if anyone has heard of this but this company is making a intercom that uses vibration technology to turn your whole helmet into the speaker.

You mount the intercom to your helmet and the vibrations cause the sound in your helmet. Looks cool.

I just ordered 2, and they came in last night. Stand by for the test and review.

http://www.buhelstore.com/buhel-headset-d02-black.html

Old 12-20-2014, 01:05 AM
Big ALbert
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much and waiting for test results

Old 12-20-2014, 03:42 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Where did you get them from and how much did they cost?Also waiting for your feed-back.Thanks

Old 12-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Bone conduction works. I also wondered for years why this hasn't been done. Doesn't have to be on your head to work. In the 1970's there was a hi-fi "speaker" that draped over your shoulders. It sounded pretty good.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

if the conversion was correct E209. is $255.60 probably without shipping.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:54 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-20-2014, 04:45 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Interesting, waiting for reviews. Thanks.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:33 PM
ebigfish
Road Captain
Default might be the dealio...

planning a trip to Alaska...

Me and my Bro been looking for some kind o talking device...

review away!

Old 12-21-2014, 01:27 AM
bigjoe21
Cruiser

Okay so here are my first thoughts.

The intercom was 97 Euro from another site. That worked out to be $119. Not to bad. For that I got, 1 intercom unit, 1 boom mic for open helmets, 1 wired mic for fill face, 2 mounting discs and the usb charging cable (only way to charge the unit)

I charged the unit, it took about 3.5 hours for a full charge. The user manual says it will last 400 hrs on stand by, 5 hours playing constant music and 5 hours of talk time.

My first thoughts. The unit is not a big as it looked in the youtube video, so that is a good thing. The units fit a finish looks good and the buttons are pretty straight forward. On the unit you have a power button, volume, bluetooth connect button and function button. pretty cut and dry. you click the volume button and you have 4 settings, low, med-low, Med, high.

I have not mounted it to my helmet and taken a ride with it yet but here are my thoughts on the sound so far.

After I turned it on and linked it to my phone I streamed some music. The unit produces sound and I could hear the music. The cool thing about this thing is I put it on the box it came in and the box became the speaker. I put it on the table and the table became the speaker. The volume of the sound is great so far. I is loud enough to be coherent and the 4 volume settings seemed sufficient to me. I tried voice commands on the phone and they worked fine. I held the unit up to my helmet and it sounded okay. Can't wait to clean and mount it for real and see if the lack of me pushing on it makes the sound better.

Okay so that is a basic review. I will post pics soon and get the performance review out on monday. My initial dislike is mainly that the unit produces sound it self and not through a speaker, so that means if I am sitting there listening to anything, the people around me can hear it also. So any telephone or bike to bike or rider to pillion that takes place everyone is hearing it. That I did not like so much but we will see when I have them mounted and on a bike. I will have a buddy ride next to us and see if hear can hear us talk.

More to follow.

Old 12-21-2014, 02:19 AM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 265 Likes on 138 Posts

what kind of helmet are you going to mount it on?

Quick Reply: New helmet intercom that needs no speakers