General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to Harley's V-Rod Destroyer?.,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 11:28 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts
Default What happened to Harley's V-Rod Destroyer?.,,

I remember they came out in '06, and were a track only bike, wheelie bars and all for $26k. At the same time you could have bought a Hyabusa that could be ridden on the street, and was just as fast for half the $26k price. I haven't seen any around or for sale. Have they become a collectors item?.,,,

Old 12-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Riptide1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HD dealer here in Sarasota has a new orange one sitting on a rotating display stand.
They originally had it priced for $38K but just recently dropped price to $26K.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:56 PM
Riptide1
Road Captain

For those who don't know & are interested in the history of the V-Rod.

Per Wiki;

Overview

The VRSC was introduced in 2001 in a single model called the V-Rod. The V-Rod was developed to compete against Japanese and American muscle bikes. The "V-Rod" made use of the Revolution engine, developed jointly with Porsche that, for the first time used overhead cams and liquid cooling. Unlike other Harley production motorcycles, a 60-degree V-twin engine, the radiator and the hydroformed frame members support the round-topped air cleaner cover. The fuel tank on the V-Rod is located underneath the seat, placing the rider on top of it, rather than the usual frontal placement. The "tank" in this case is dressing, hiding the frame. Loosely based on the VR-1000 Superbike, Harley-Davidson builds it as a platform for drag-racing competition machines. All VRSC models are produced at Harley-Davidson's Vehicle and Powertrain Operations facility in Kansas City, Missouri.
Models

VRSCA V-Rod

Model years: 2002–2006. The original V-Rod had a 1,130 cubic centimetres (69 cu in) Revolution Engine, producing a claimed 115 horsepower (86 kW) at the crank. The V-Rod had 49 mm forks and a 180 mm rear tire, with solid disc wheels. The VRSCAs were all factory equipped with 3.7 US gallons (14 l; 3.1 imp gal) fuel tanks. In 2006 the VRSCA was equipped with Brembo Brakes. The VRSCA was only offered with forward controls. 2003 models were included in the 100th anniversary edition.
VRSCAW V-Rod

Model years: 2007–2010. The VRSCAW V-Rod is the successor to the VRSCA. First Produced in 2007, it is essentially a VRSCA with a new frame to accommodate the 240 mm rear tire and five gallon gas tank that came standard. The aluminum bodywork of the VRSCA was used in a few early-production VRSCAW models, but was later dropped. With these changes the VRSCAW is a claimed 37 pounds (17 kg) heavier than its predecessor. For the first production year the power-plant remained an unchanged 1,130 cubic centimetres (69 cu in) Revolution engine. The VRSCAW is only offered with forward controls. The combination of increased weight, and a 240 mm rear tire with no power increase made the 2007 VRSCAW the slowest production VRSC produced
In 2008 the VRSCAW V-Rod's Revolution was increased from 1,130 cc to 1,250 cubic centimetres (76 cu in), producing a claimed 84 pound force-feet (114 N·m) @ 7,000 rpm, and peak power of 123 horsepower (92 kW) at the crankshaft, a slipper clutch was also added, as was an anti-lock braking system option. For the 2009 model year the VRSCAW replaced the VRSCD, which was dropped from the line, as the "base model" for the VRSC family, and the suggested retail price was reduced.

VRSCB V-Rod.

VRSCB V-Rod

Model years: 2004–2005. The VRSCB V-Rod had a two year run. It was mechanically identical to the VRSCA, with cosmetic differences included a black frame, polished aluminum and black powder-coated engine, and a slightly different clamshell, instrument housing and handlebars. The VRSCB was only offered with forward controls.

VRSCD Night Rod

Model years: 2006–2008. The Night Rod was introduced in 2006 as the “new hot rod-inspired motorcycle” built around the Revolution engine. The Night Rod had mid-mount controls, supplemented by highway-pegs. Straight-shot mufflers helped the Revolution Engine to produce a claimed 120 horsepower (89 kW) at the crank. The Night Rod had a black frame, black and chrome engine, Brembo Brakes, slotted aluminum disk wheels, and a color-matched fairing.
In 2008 the VRSCD Night Rod's Revolution was increased from 1,130 to 1,250 cubic centimetres (69 to 76 cu in), producing a claimed 85 pound force-feet (115 N·m) @ 7,000 rpm, and peak power of 125 horsepower (93 kW) at the crank, a slipper clutch was also added, as was an ABS option. For the 2008 model year, the VRSCD was the only remaining VRSC model to still have a 180 mm rear tire or mid-pegs. 2008 was also the final year of production for the VRSCD Night Rod.

Night Rod Special

VRSCDX Night Rod Special

Model years: 2007–Present. The VRSCDX is marketed as the factory made custom version of the standard Night Rod and is also part of Harley-Davidson's "Dark Custom" series. In addition to a 240 mm wide rear tire, most of the chrome components of the VRSCD were replaced with black. The wheels were replaced by black slotted disk wheels, with dark orange pin striping. The Straight shot dual exhaust produced a claimed 120 horsepower (89 kW) at the crank. A 5 gallon tank was standard. The DX also include racing stripes. In 2008 the VRSCDX Night Rod Special's Revolution was increased from 1,130 to 1,250 cubic centimetres (69 to 76 cu in), producing claimed torque of 85 pound force-feet (115 N·m) @ 7,000 rpm, and peak power of 125 horsepower (93 kW) at the crank, a slipper-clutch was also added, as was an ABS option. For the 2012 model year, Harley-Davidson launched a tenth anniversary version of the Night Rod Special. This model had a straight-shot exhaust with dual, chrome slash-cut mufflers and chrome exhaust shield; split five-spoke cast aluminum wheels with diamond cut highlights; pullback handlebar with polished finish; inverted front forks in silver and polished finishes; stylized, chrome speed screen visor; graphics, including V-Rod 10th anniversary emblem; and chrome powertrain with platinum crankcase and heads.
VRSCF V-Rod Muscle

Model years: 2009–Present. The V-Rod Muscle was introduced in the summer of 2008 at the Harley-Davidson dealer show in Las Vegas for the 2009 production model year. In promoting the Muscle, American fashion model Marisa Miller was hired for an advertising campaign aimed at younger, urban riders.[1] It would be one of only three VRSC models for 2009. Like the other two models, the Muscle used the 1,250 cubic centimetres (76 cu in) Revolution Engine, a 240 mm wide rear tire, 5 US gallons (19 l; 4.2 imp gal) fuel tank, slipper clutch and forward controls. Unlike the other models in the VRSC lineup, the Muscle had straight shot dual exhausts, with a crossover, one on each side of the bike, unlike the 2>1>2 exhaust found on all other VRSC models. Additionally, the Muscle used an air-box with mock-up air-rams like those found on many American pony and muscle cars. In the production version of the bike the air-rams are cosmetic. The VRSCF also had a chopped rear fender with integrated turn signals, and a side-mounted license plate. Turn signals were integrated into the rear view mirrors for the first time as a stock feature on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. The VRSCF provided at the crank a claimed 86 pound force-feet (117 N·m) of torque at 6,500 rpm, which was slightly more torque than the other VRSC models, at a slightly lower engine speeds. Claimed peak crank horsepower was slightly lower than the Night Rod Special, at 122 horsepower (91 kW) at 500 rpm lower engine speed.
VRSCSE: Screamin' Eagle CVO V-Rod

Model years: 2005. In 2005 Harley Davidson's Custom Vehicle Operations produced their first V-Rod. The dimensions were identical to the VRSCA at the time, but the VRSCSE had extra chrome, custom paint, and not the typical "clamshell" found on other VRSC models. The VRSCSE had a 1,250 cc Revolution Engine, with CNC ported heads.
VRSCSE2: Screamin' Eagle CVO V-Rod

Model years: 2006. The VRSCSE2 was the first V-Rod or VRSC model with a 240 mm rear tire. It also used the Screamin' Eagle 1,250 cc Revolution Engine.
VRSCR: Street Rod

Model years: 2006–2007. The Street Rod was marketed as the “roadster-inspired” member of the VRSC line. The Street Rod was the first VRSC to use inverted forks made by Showa Corporation, with a steep rake and Brembo supplied brakes. It had the highest seat height at 30 inches (76 cm) of any VRSC model, and claimed the greatest lean angle at 40°, over the 32° lean of the other VRSC models. The Street Rod came equipped solely with mid-mounted controls. The Street Rod was the first with a 5 gallon tank in the 2006 year model, that would become standard for the line in 2007.
VRSCX: V-Rod

Model years: 2007. Harley Davidson put out the VRSCX as a Screamin' Eagle Tribute bike during the Harley V-Rod's second consecutive NHRA Championship. The VRSCX had the same dimensions as the 2007 VRSCAW, featuring the 240 mm rear tire, 5 gallon gas tank, and forward controls. However, the VRSCX also had paintwork similar to the pro stock V-Rod, a smoked drag-visor windshield, as well as the 1,250 cc Screamin' Eagle Revolution Engine. 1400 were built.
VRXSE: V-Rod "Destroyer"

In 2007 Harley Davidson Introduced a non-street legal drag bike nicknamed "the Destroyer". It came with the same engines as others in its family, with the exception of a long stroke flywheel, larger valves, dyno tuned velocity stacks, large bore high compression forged pistons, high lift cams, multi stage lock-up clutch, programmable shift light, pneumatic shifter, larger throttle bodies, and more race equipment. A total of 646 vehicles were produced with 625 released to dealer showrooms.
The Revolution engine

Harley-Davidson VR-1000 racing superbike

The Revolution engine is based on the VR-1000 Superbike race program, developed by Harley-Davidson's Powertrain Engineering team. It is a liquid-cooled, dual-overhead-cam, internally counterbalanced 60 degree V-twin engine with a displacement of 69 cubic inches (1,130 cc), producing 115 horsepower (86 kW) at 8,250 rpm at the crank, with a redline of 9,000 rpm.[2] [3] It was introduced for the new V-Rod line in 2001 for the 2002 model year, starting with the single VRSCA (V-Twin Racing Street Custom) model. [4] [5]
A 1,250 cc Screamin' Eagle version of the Revolution engine was made available for 2005, and was present thereafter in a single production model from 2005 to 2007. In 2008, the 1,250 cc Revolution Engine became standard for the entire VRSC line. Harley-Davidson claims 123 horsepower (92 kW) at the crank for the 2008 VRSCAW model. The VRXSE Destroyer is equipped with a stroker (75 mm crank) Screamin’ Eagle 1,300 cc (79 cu in) Revolution Engine, producing over 165 horsepower (123 kW).

Old 12-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

I have a buddy that races one regularly in Michigan at Ubly Drag Strip

Old 12-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Riptide1
Road Captain

2006 Harley-Davidson Destroyer Quick Ride
Kevin Duke
Contributing Editor|Articles|Articles RSSA legend in the motorcycle industry, Duke Danger is known for his wheelie riding antics, excellent writing skills, appetite for press intro dinners and a propensity to wake up late. Once a fearless member of the MotoUSA team, the Canadian kid is often missed but never forgotten.

Monday, November 21, 2005

The acceleration of Destroyer out of the hole is unlike anything you can experience on any production motorcycle, part of what is a well-executed and race-ready package out of the box.
After the obligatory smoke-belching burnout, I roll slowly toward the dragstrip starting line with a peculiar type of nervousness that I suppose comes only when about to perform a full-throttle launch on what is the quickest accelerating production vehicle the world has ever seen.

I pull up tentatively to the pre-stage lights on the strip's Christmas tree, flip my visor down and take a deep breath before igniting the stage lights and holding the throttle to its stop. A cacophony of unmuffled explosions erupts beneath me, deflating my courage and making me ask myself: "Do I really want to do this?"

The scene was an autumn day at California Speedway's dragstrip, and the fear-inducing bike being tested was Harley-Davidson's deadly serious Destroyer, a competition-only machine based on a V-Rod that easily cracks the 9-second barrier in quarter-mile drag racing. This means that a Harley - yes, a Harley - is the quickest accelerating production vehicle ever built.

"Yeah but," I hear you say, "how many of the one-trick ponies are they going to sell - six, or a dozen?" Actually, more than 600 of the orange beasts have been ordered, resulting in a sales success even beyond what The Motor Company expected.

Of course, a bike that has the potential to knock on the 8-second door at the strip can't be cheap, and at $31,249, it ain't. However, that substantial investment gives you everything you need to knock down 9-second passes, including a multi-stage lock-up clutch and a launch control program. As such, its price is actually a bargain, and the All-Harley Drag Racing Association (AHDRA) will have a new class for this exciting machine in '06.

Harley claims it gets more than 165 horsepower out of the bored and stroked V-Rod motor, now up to 1300cc. Forged pistons squeeze the fuel-injected mixture to a lofty 14.0:1 compression ratio, as high-flow cylinder heads breathe through larger valves and a beefed up valvetrain with high-lift cams. A lightened crankshaft allows revs as high as you dare, and on this day the programmable limit was set to 11,250 rpm. A ceramic-coated 2-into1 stepped header allows spent gasses to exit quickly and does absolutely nothing to quiet this earth-shaking monster.

Incredibly violent launches are thanks to a 66.9-inch wheelbase, a square-shouldered 7-inch-wide drag slick and a long wheelie bar. Shifts are signaled by a programmable shift light, while power is transferred via a large 530 DRZ chain (the same as used by the record-setting Vance & Hines Pro Stock bike) and easy-change sprockets. Its transmission has been modified by Andrews Cam and Gear, cutting the number of cogs in half and undercutting the gears for quicker and easier shifting via a really cool push-button air shifter system.

The Destroyer arrives from the factory as a complete package ready to go upper-level dragracing. Low-9s in the quarter-mile have already been posted, and it's only a matter of time until it scorches into the 8s.
You'd have to be a fool to let a journalist make some passes on the Destroyer without warming up on something a bit slower, and Harley didn't raise no fools. The assembled scribblers were first sent out on several stock and CVO Harleys, masterfully coached by Top Fuel Harley dragracer Gene Thomason.

For those who've never taken an angry trip down a dragstrip, you're missing out on one of two-wheeling's best thrill rides. The 'strip is a crucible of sorts, one in which lean angles and long-haul comfort don't exist. Making a quick acceleration run on the street is not nearly as interesting as doing it under the watchful eyes of the Chrondeks. There's no denying a slow reaction time, and your ETs are posted for the rest of your buddies to critique. If you're good at the tree, you can post a reaction time of less than a tenth of a second. If you're good the rest of the way down the track, your runs should vary by less than 2 tenths.

The pressure to be perfect can be highly addicting, even when running a relatively slow bike. Early in the day I ran high-13s on an H-D Fat Boy CVO, and I reveled in lowering my reaction time and extracting the maximum out of the Big Twin. Later I took out the V-Rod-based 2006 Night Rod for four consecutive passes. After becoming the first journo of the day to break into the 11-second range, I ran an 11.75 before blowing my next run with wheelspin. I then backed down my aggressiveness during launch and pulled off an 11.71 with a brief 0.09-second RT. Hey, this is cool! Later in the day, after several more passes, I ran a best ET of 11.63. Not bad considering Thomason said the cool track temperature and moderate headwind were holding back our times.

This was all good fun, of course, but we were there for something much more serious. If you're ever near a Destroyer when it barks to life, you'll probably be frightened. Imagine the sound of a dozen Superbikes at full chat, then lower the pitch several octaves and make it angrier, and you'd have something like the racket pouring out of the Destroyer. It'll make your innards shake and small children cry.

Okay, so I'm even intimidated by its sound. What the hell am I going to feel like when I sit on the god-forsaken thing?

Thankfully, Thomason was there to get us up to speed - literally. After showing us the burnout procedure, what to do when staging and how the air-shifter works, Mean Gene gave us a demo run. "Okay," I thought to myself, "Maybe I can do this." To break us in gently, Thomason prescribed two easy familiarity runs, with a gentle launch and revs limited to 8000 rpm.

Duke roasts the back tire of a stock Night Rod before blasting down the track in a best time of 11.63 seconds at 112 mph. He would later go more than 2 seconds quicker on the Destroyer before the day was done.
Prior to climbing on board, the Harley pit crew refilled the air-shifter bottle and ensured tire pressures were spot-on. Thomason, the 1999-2000 AHDRA Super Gas champ, says the front should be between 35-45 psi, while 10.5-11.5 psi in the rear is the range he believes is optimal.

Despite handling like a truck without a suspension (indeed, the Destroyer has no shocks in back, just steel struts), Harley has developed its race-only bike to be as easy to operate as possible. A simple push of the standard starter button is all it takes to incite a racket worthy of calling the cops. Its handlebar is very low and forward while the footpegs are located way back by the rear wheel, the idea being to keep the rider's weight as low as possible. First gear is engaged by a foot-shifter about three feet in front of the pegs!

Here we go. I pull toward the strip, mindful to not slip the clutch like a streetbike but let it out in brief spurts - despite an incredibly durable clutch, which endured two full days at the strip in the hands of motojournalists, it's not designed for trolling down Main Street in Daytona. I motor around the burnout area then back the stretched machine into the water box before pulling forward several feet. After engaging second gear (not first), I dump the clutch and let that fat tire come up to roasting temperature at 7000 rpm. Waves of concussive force blasts between my legs, and this exercise in itself was mildly frightening - some of the more timid journos had a tough time executing this procedure.

I tentatively bring this cackling contraption toward the start line and into the pre-stage zone. This is it. I flick down my helmet visor and hope the Destroyer's name doesn't apply to my riding career as I illuminate the staged lights.

No worries about reaction times on this run, I gently let out the clutch and get rolling before really twisting the loud handle. I am simultaneously overwhelmed by the hand-of-god power and the concussive force threatening to explode my eardrums. With a radical machine such as this, things happen fast - I quickly forgot about shift rpm as double-digit mph gains happen in the blink of an eye. Bam!, second gear, Bam!, Bam!, Bam! It seemed like the run was over before I could even process my thoughts, and I suddenly could imagine what going a round with Sugar Ray Leonard might feel like. It took 11.2 seconds to cut the timing lights, even with the prescribed super-gentle launch.

Now that I had a pass under my belt and a set of earplugs in my cranium, my next run wasn't quite so intimidating. I got off the line a bit harder this time, feeling the beastly power catapulting me forward and then banging it into second. It was only then I realized that I hadn't even fully pinned it yet! It was max throttle from there out, the push-button air-shifting thankfully giving a mind that is already reeling from the intense acceleration a bit less to think about. My 10.7-second run was the quickest up till that point, but it was a pale shadow of what would come when we performed our upcoming full-throttle launches.

Upon hearing how fast the Destroyer can accelerate, Duke politely asks if he could go to the bathroom.
Soon it was time to again straddle the rip-snorting monster, and although I was now somewhat familiar with it, I found it difficult to prepare for the seemingly insane proposition of holding the throttle of a 170-horse engine to its stop and then simply dumping the clutch to unleash the unbridled fury all at once. It just seems plain wrong. The anticipation I felt was similar to the time I jumped out of an airplane, putting my cognitive trust in science even in the face of something that seems irrational.

KaaK-KaaK-KaaK against the rev limiter, lights go green, clutch gets thrown to oblivion against my strongest self-preservation instincts. The first second of the run is as vicious as a car bomb, and it truly feels like something drastically horrible is happening.

I'm grateful for the huge seat hump on the Destroyer, otherwise the bike would be flailing down the track with its motojournalist pilot on his *** where no thesaurus would be able to save him. The shift light blares in my eyes and I'm somewhat startled that it's all happening so fast. I punch the air shifter and regain my senses, getting clean shifts the rest of the way down the track. The Destroyer squirms under the intense acceleration in the lower three gears, though other than gentle body positioning the rider is basically just along for the ride - my feet never even found the way-rear-set pegs during several of my runs. Once out of second gear, it's almost like a video game, stabbing the shift button and holding on while blasting past 135 mph.

The run's over in a tick more than 10 seconds, and as the suspension-less rear end bounces around in the shut-off area, I wonder if I even took a breath during the entire run. The intense initial acceleration had me a bit frazzled, but I vowed that my next run would be in the 9s.

I hadn't had my chance for a *****-to-the-wall launch before we were dealt some bad news: What Harley didn't find out during a previous day of testing by European journos is that anyone running quicker than 10-second quarter-miles must have an NHRA drag racing license. The first anyone heard of it was when the guys in the control tower shut down Cycle World's Mark Hoyer after he posted a 9.9-second run.

All of a sudden there was incentive not to post a really quick time: The plug would be pulled if I went into the 9s. Rationally, I'd be smart to just knock off low 10-second runs and do it all afternoon. Rationally, I'd choose a Honda Civic over a Honda CBR.

The Destroyer launches so furiously that its large seat hump is the only thing keeping the rider on board.
I moseyed up to the starting line emboldened that I was mentally better prepared for the violence of what was about to happen. Bam! I got a more controlled launch this time, and was quicker on the first shift. I was now piling on speed like nothing else I've ever experienced in eight years of acceleration testing streetbikes. I felt smooth and believed I wasn't nervous, but my fogged visor when I finally exhaled at the end of the quarter-mile said otherwise. The Destroyer literally takes your breath away.

There were plenty of smiling faces when I returned from my run, happily informing me that I had busted my 9-second cherry! However, that run also became my Scarlet Letter, as my 9.74-second pace had cost me the chance to make any more runs without that pesky NHRA license. The sad part was that, with Thomason providing instruction, we already had half the licensing requirements met. But we also needed to pass a physician's examination.

Cell phones and Palm Pilots were whipped out, scurrying in attempts to find a doctor that wouldn't mind taking a half-day off so we could pass our physicals. Luckily for us, plenty of doctors can afford Harleys and we were able to track down a Fat Boy owner from Anaheim who would do us the favor. A big shout-out goes to Dr. David Asher from Asher Family Care who came to get us out of our speed-induced exile.

Physicals passed (even the urine test!) and NHRA licenses in hand, the 9-second gang again set out to tame the wild brute that is the Destroyer.

I'd get five more runs on this day. Although the game seems simple - pin it and hang on - getting everything perfect in the compressed amount of time proves to be highly elusive. There are so many small details that have to be executed faultlessly to comprise an excellent pass. Drag racing is actually a little like the quiet game of golf, despite the seemingly incongruous nature of the two sports, as there's always something you could've done a little bit better. Several journalists in attendance never did break into the 9s.

The basis of any serious run happens in the first 60 feet after the starting line. A tenth of a second here translates into several tenths after the 1320-foot course. On the Destroyer, a decent 60-foot time is under 1.6 second - anything slower and you'd be lucky to bust into the 9s. Items critical to success in this regard are your burnout, line selection, body positioning, and, of course, cojones. It also helps if you're not gravitationally challenged, even with all this power beneath you.

Part of getting an NHRA dragracing license involved being given a physical by a certified doctor. We'll spare you the photos of the urine test.
If this were a normal bike test, I'd have to tell you about the Destroyer's pitiable low-speed handling characteristics, the relatively meek power from its single front disc brake, its uncomfortable riding position, and its wretched carburetion at anything less than full throttle, regardless of rpm. But these things concern a dragracer as much as Ruben Xaus worries Valentino Rossi on the GP circuit.

More important are all the choice bits baked into the Destroyer. Its race-program ECU comes set up at the factory, but it also is highly tunable for accommodating a rider's weight and style. That MTC lock-up clutch was consistent throughout the day, a feat made more impressive when knowing the bikes were running the same clutches as they had during the Euro motojournalists session two days prior. The Harley crew did fit new rear slicks to the bikes for our day, though the old tires still showed plenty of life according to Thomason. He adds that a rider should be able to get at least 30 passes out the stock tire. Other tunable devices include the kill delay for the air shifter (that can be adjusted from 40ms to 100ms) and the height of the wheelie bar. A friction-type steering damper located at the bottom of steering stem keeps a 9-second run as sane as possible.

At the end of the day I had clicked off several more runs in the 9s, a testament to the well-developed nature of the Destroyer despite taking less than one year to bring this bike to market. My best run of 9.55 at 138.24 mph (with a 1.417 60-ft time) was backed up by a 9.59, both of which I'm proud to say were quicker than any journalist has gone on this undomesticated cannonball. Thomason says that further tuning for my weight and style would've brought my times into the 9.3-second zone, which is still a fair way off the 9.18-second run he's pulled off as the quickest Destroyer run to date. He predicts the 8-second barrier will fall in the coming months.

According to Harley brass, the Destroyer's mission is to bring grass-roots racing to H-D dealers and riders and to "connect the dots" to H-D's championship-winning NHRA race team. With 625 of the Screaminest Eagles already sold and ready to rumble in a special AHDRA spec class in 2006, and having proved that it's easily capable of 9-second quarter-miles in the hands of mere mortals, the Destroyer can only be judged as being a bit hit. Literally.

An experienced Harley Super Gas dragracer in attendance told me it would cost something like $100K to make an air-cooled Harley run low 9s, and it would likely be breaking parts constantly. In start contrast, the Destroyer is delivered to riders as a turn-key racebike, ready to blitz off 9s all day long without breaking a sweat.

"It's going to revolutionize Harley Sportsman drag racing," he underlined.

Last edited by Riptide1; 12-29-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:09 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Chunky River Harley-Davidson in Meridian ,MS. has one sitting in the window.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:22 PM
Riptide1
Road Captain

How much are they asking for it?

Old 12-30-2014, 02:14 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide1
How much are they asking for it?

I am not even sure if it is for sale.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Riptide1
Road Captain

Was just curious of geographical pricing of what few are left out there.

As I was reading the above article when they first came out it brought back a lot of memories when I use run the strips.
The OL seen "THAT" look in my eyes again and only had one word to say, NOPE!!!!

Party Pooper.

One BAD *** machine!!!

Old 12-31-2014, 11:34 PM
525tom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's one for sale if any of you are interested in purchasing one. http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/4826355398.html

I'm not affiliated in any way with the person selling it.

Quick Reply: What happened to Harley's V-Rod Destroyer?.,,