General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can anyone recommend a rain gear manufacture

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 10:29 PM
bigblock59
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default can anyone recommend a rain gear manufacture

can anyone recommend any brands that make good lightweight rain gear that is reasonably priced and works? i'm trying to get my things in order for sturgis and this is still on the list. thanks for the info!

Old 01-14-2015, 03:46 AM
Todd1113
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Frog togs.

Old 01-14-2015, 04:47 AM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,246 Likes on 6,006 Posts

Believe it or not....I have the HD packable rainsuit in my bag. Always. Paid $100 for it, used it numerous times, and love it. Does what it needs to....keeps me 95% dry, small,packs well, I like it. Others are nicer, but don't pack as well.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:02 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,489 Likes on 1,242 Posts

Get the hi visibility HD gear. Its a little pricy but well worth it. Will last for years, I still have a 10 yr old set that is in great shape.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:37 AM
Mike Willmont
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have two sets of HD rain suits that are great. My wife and a friend bought frog Toggs from the HD dealer, they were both rubbish. My wife now has an HD set.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:56 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

LOVE my FroggToggs. Been wearing the set I have now for about 5 years, and they're still going strong. They get used a LOT. Reflective top, and they keep the wetness out. No, they don't say HD on them anywhere, but amazingly, they still work well!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:00 AM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kojak
Get the hi visibility HD gear. Its a little pricy but well worth it. Will last for years, I still have a 10 yr old set that is in great shape.
+1 not exactly the coolest thing you can wear but what rain gear is cool.

I owned the Frogg Toggs before I bought my High-Vis and I wouldn't wish the Toggs on an enemy.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:11 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 993 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by kojak
+1. I found the Hi-Vis HD Rain suit on eBay for $100. Brand new and still had tags. When/if I ride in the rain, I want as much visibility as possible.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:26 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You have to get the right Frogg Toggs made for motorcycles. I have had mine for 4 years & have been in some really heavy rain & it worked flawlessly!!

Old 01-14-2015, 10:49 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblock59
can anyone recommend any brands that make good lightweight rain gear that is reasonably priced and works? i'm trying to get my things in order for sturgis and this is still on the list. thanks for the info!
Reasonable in price is sometimes vague.
The Harley stuff is good quality and easy to pack but some may consider it expensive.
The popular Frogg Toggs might be less expensive and still easy to pack but some folks think they are a little thin.
For example: I have a Jafrum 2 piece set that was under $50 delivered called Thunder Under that has a hood. It is of good quality with a lined jacket and the pants have seat protection but it is bulky. It does NOT pack small. I also use it when i need extra warmth and the hood is a good addition if you attend out door events like races or a rally. It works very well but again it does not pack small.
I bought a similar set before from another company that lasted about 10 years before the liner started to decompose.
Many folks under value a self-packed hood but then remember the hood is a really nice feature when you reach a destination and remove your helmet to walk about or if you ride with no helmet.

Last edited by im; 01-14-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Quick Reply: can anyone recommend a rain gear manufacture