General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one using a Bike Barn cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Tanuki
Road Warrior
Received 47 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Any one using a Bike Barn cover

http://www.thebikebarn.net/

I have been considering one of these but would like to hear from people who actual use them or have used them, good or bad.

Looking for feed back and whether or not they are worth getting.

My bike sits outside under a blue tarp and would like something that offers a bit better protection but don't want to go full out on a permanent structure.

Thanks for any feed back on them.

Old 01-29-2015, 08:43 AM
NYC.streetkid
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea I had one to keep an old bike in. Easy to use, ride in, pull it down. You will need to replace the cover in 3 to 4 years if it's sitting in a rainy area or one where the sun beats down on it. I would make a make shift floor because some rain will get under it and can cause 'some' moisture on the bike (depends on where you put it). Seems I remember them selling a sealed floor but I might be wrong. I can easily recommend it (for a cover) but I don't know your situation or where it will be installed. MUCH better than a blue tarp!

Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 PM
Damn_Yankee
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I used this one for a couple years before I finally got a garage http://www.cycleshelter.com/. No complaints. It held up fine in some nasty thunderstorms, but I felt I had to babysit it during the few snow/ice storms it had to endure to keep too much weight building up on it.

This one has a floor which helps reduce condensation from moisture coming up from the ground; I also put a rubber runner between the floor and the gravel driveway it was sitting on to protect it from the gravel.

To me, after fooling with a tarp for years, the shelter was worth every penny.