General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Columbus Ohio Easyriders Show in Febuary

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 06:26 PM
bigsammy1
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Columbus Ohio Easyriders Show in Febuary

We did the Sacramento Easyriders show earlier this month and won best radical custom. Which got us invited to the Ohio Easyriders show next month. We also have a friend that won people's choice and between her and my wife it looks like were going to Ohio.
My question is...we are from the west coast and both bikes are going to get there by trailer. I cant leave work to do the drive there or back, so I am flying in on Thursday. How big a deal is it for 2 women with lot's of trailer experience to travel the 2000 miles to the show? The truck is a Ford f450 4wd and the trailer is a 26ft toy hauler. What can they expect for weather...their taking the 40 to the 44. My wife says we'll probably never do this again so it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and we need to do it...I'm still no so sure.

Thanks

Old 01-29-2015, 08:55 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

The ladies should be ok. Columbus is in kind of a valley and does not get the northern Cleveland lake effect snow or southern ice a lot. I've heard it called the "slush belt." Most years the winters can be mild. Usually in February there is one big snowstorm around Valentine's day, then that's it. It will flurry alot, maybe a few inches here and there but nothing to worry about - it can be cold though (0 to 20 degrees). Columbus does a very good job of keeping the main roads clear.

By the end of Feb. most large winter weather problems are over. They would most easily do a straight shot on I-70 cross country to Columbus. The convention center is a nice place. They should be fine. I would have no problem doing that drive.

Last edited by traffic jam; 01-29-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:38 AM
bigsammy1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by traffic jam
The ladies should be ok. Columbus is in kind of a valley and does not get the northern Cleveland lake effect snow or southern ice a lot. I've heard it called the "slush belt." Most years the winters can be mild. Usually in February there is one big snowstorm around Valentine's day, then that's it. It will flurry alot, maybe a few inches here and there but nothing to worry about - it can be cold though (0 to 20 degrees). Columbus does a very good job of keeping the main roads clear.

By the end of Feb. most large winter weather problems are over. They would most easily do a straight shot on I-70 cross country to Columbus. The convention center is a nice place. They should be fine. I would have no problem doing that drive.
Thanks for the info. We only see snow on TV...LOL!! I feel a little better now.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

http://thethurmancafe.com
http://www.buckeyegrill.com/

Yeah, and the weather should not be a worry.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:55 PM
scottwilliamson
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It has been a very mild winter so far. We had one small snow fall so far this year and are expecting a little snow this weekend . The hard part will be getting that rig to the convention center, lots of traffic and if you get off the main road the streets can get kind of tight. I hope this year's show is better than last years.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:12 PM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
http://thethurmancafe.com
http://www.buckeyegrill.com/

Yeah, and the weather should not be a worry.
Gotta love the Thurman...go Bucks!

Old 01-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 357 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by kwn36
go Bucks!

Loved the new playoff format this year.

The last 3 games they played, no one can say they were *lucky*.

That was pure talent!

Old 01-30-2015, 06:37 PM
bigsammy1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scottwilliamson
It has been a very mild winter so far. We had one small snow fall so far this year and are expecting a little snow this weekend . The hard part will be getting that rig to the convention center, lots of traffic and if you get off the main road the streets can get kind of tight. I hope this year's show is better than last years.
I'll let them know that. Sacramento was a pain also. I've heard good things about the show. I'm hoping it will at least be fun.
Here's a couple pictures my bike...if you come to the show come by and say hi!

Attached Thumbnails Columbus Ohio Easyriders Show in Febuary-20150117_103056-1-.jpg   Columbus Ohio Easyriders Show in Febuary-20140612_055705.jpg  
Old 01-30-2015, 08:30 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

That's an awesome bike Bigsammy - if I go I will certainly say hello.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:16 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

I'll definitely be there on Saturday. I'll be looking for you.

Quick Reply: Columbus Ohio Easyriders Show in Febuary