General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shark Evoline 3 w/boom comm kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 07:53 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Shark Evoline 3 w/boom comm kit

Before I purchase this helmet, I wanted to confirm that you can install the HD Boom com kit on this helmet.

How do you like the helmet??

Thanks in advance

Old 01-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Bohemka
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really sorry I cant help with the comm kit question but can recommend the helmet. Great fit. FF or open.
Was in Seville, Spain last week on business and they had HD branded Evo 3 so not sure if that means it would be comms compatible with what you are after?
Recommend the helmet, apologise for lack of answer on the original question.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:41 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you can install the boom kit in almost any helmet, the useability factor is going to depend on the shape of your noggin leaving room for the microphone in front

Mark

Old 01-30-2015, 10:04 PM
Onramp
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an earlier evoline, and I did install the boom kit. I had to carve out the holes for the speakers - the HD stuff is fairly large - but got it all to fit. Just be careful to have the mike out of the way when you bring the chinbar over and down. BTW - plenty of room for the mike in the full face mode.

Last edited by Onramp; 01-30-2015 at 10:04 PM. Reason: boom - not book. Jeez
Old 01-31-2015, 12:01 AM
Highwayman-AL
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the new Shark Evo helmet, bought last August.
Yes the HD Boom head set and mic fits. I had to make the spots for the ear speakers larger and deeper, used a dremel tool. The mic clips on the helmet and the chin bar comes down and then the mic up under the chin bar.

Something different about this helmet, when you bring the chin bar down, you have to hit it straight on to lock it in place. I almost returned it thinking it was defective until a buddy hit the chin bar playing around and lock it went.

The helmet is heavy, but most modular helmets are.
The helmet is noisy compared to a solid full face helmet, but most modulars are.
The helmet comes a 1/2 size larger than normal, so order accordingly.
I bought the helmet from Ravzilla. Easy peezy and they will allow you to return it if it doesn't fit.

The helmet is shaped for a european shaped head, a bit round, that was another problem I had, most helmets from Japan or made for Americans squished my cheeks too much and hurt, this one fit like a helmet should from the point of putting it on.

I really like the helmet, it is nice in that while riding, if you get into heavy traffic you can flip the chin bar up, and ride as a 3/4 for air, then when taking off flip it down.

One last thing if you wear glasses, there is a padding insert you can take out to give room for the bows of the glasses, however this is not a helmet you can put on with wearing your glasses.

Shield is ok, not so good during rain to see out of, it helped for me to clean it first, then I put wax on the shield on both sides so it isn't such a problem.

The shell comes large for the helmet size, but I got an large and it will fit in my tour pack as long as nothing is under it.

I really like it, and the down sides vs trade offs was worth it.

I the main reason I bought this was I wanted a modular helmet, and I wanted one with high as possible crash ratings. This was the only one that received the 5 stars on the European test they do. For the life of me I cannot remember that site.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:13 AM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks on ramp and highway. I had narrowed my choices down to the Shark and Nolan N104 i like the shark better and just needed to confirm the com kit would fit. Nolan has their own kit, but it gets terrible reviews and I didn't want to spend money on something that is not lasting very long