General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley-Davidson Reports 2014 Fiscal Results

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 12:46 AM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Harley-Davidson Reports 2014 Fiscal Results

Anyone post the Harley-Davidson Reports 2014 Fiscal Results yet, or am I a day late and a dollar short?

"Harley-Davidson reported sales of 267,999 motorcycles in 2014, a 2.7% increase from the 260,839 motorcycles sold in 2013. The uptick in sales resulted in a 7.8% increase in motorcycle sales revenue for its 2014 fiscal year, pushing the bottom line to a profit of $844.6 million."

"Harley-Davidson claims strong sales for the Road Glide, Ultra Low, Ultra Limited Low, CVO Street Glide, Freewheeler and Street models."

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/01/2...iscal-results/

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 01-31-2015 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:46 AM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've seen far more Freewheelers out and about than I thought I would since they came out. It's a sharp looking trike but I guess I always assumed most trike riders were older guys who can't or won't ride two wheels anymore but still want to travel and road trip on a bike and it simply doesn't have a good setup for touring. NOt the case, though...saw lots of younger men and a few women riding them. Love seeing a new model do so well for the Moco.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:57 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Not too shabby for a brand that uses stone age technology, leaks oil perpetually and is constantly broken down. "Oh wait",, thats the 2014 FR not the 1914 one,, my bad !

Old 01-31-2015, 08:02 AM
fox chaser
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Not too shabby for a brand that uses stone age technology, leaks oil perpetually and is constantly broken down. "Oh wait",, thats the 2014 FR not the 1914 one,, my bad !
I joined the "HD Forum" thinking it was a great place for Harley lovers. Since joining, I've seen way too many disparaging remarks about same (for my taste). I wish I could understand why anyone thinks insulting everyone else on here would be funny or acceptable. I also wish that they'd sell their american bike, buy, maybe a Bombardier or something and move on.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 AM
glydman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hese boob either don't have a bike or ride a rice burner and therefore have lots of time to be trolls.

Last edited by Pine Tree; 01-31-2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: additional editing needed...
Old 01-31-2015, 04:49 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,934 Likes on 1,111 Posts

Originally Posted by fox chaser
I joined the "HD Forum" thinking it was a great place for Harley lovers. Since joining, I've seen way too many disparaging remarks about same (for my taste). I wish I could understand why anyone thinks insulting everyone else on here would be funny or acceptable. I also wish that they'd sell their american bike, buy, maybe a Bombardier or something and move on.
Originally Posted by glydman
hese boob either don't have a bike or ride a rice burner and therefore have lots of time to be trolls.
Ladies please ! Try to recognize a little sarcasm when you read it. I wasn't dissing HD. I was japing the common anti HD rhetoric, like oil leaks that haven't been seen in 50 years. I honestly thought the post was silly enough not to be taken seriously .

Old 01-31-2015, 05:09 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Ladies please ! Try to recognize a little sarcasm when you read it. I wasn't dissing HD. I was japing the common anti HD rhetoric, like oil leaks that haven't been seen in 50 years. I honestly thought the post was silly enough not to be taken seriously .
There are silly enough posts on this forum that I don't blame anyone for taking it seriously. In this forum you see plenty of MOCO, Harley, and dealer bashing for everything imaginable.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:27 PM
atengnr
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=fox chaser;13653904]I joined the "HD Forum" thinking it was a great place for Harley lovers. Since joining, I've seen way too many disparaging remarks about same (for my taste). I wish I could understand why anyone thinks insulting everyone else on here would be funny or acceptable. I also wish that they'd sell their american bike, buy, maybe a Bombardier or something and move on.[/QUOTE

I am with you! After about 10 years away from harleys (and the forums), I recently came back and I notice alot more of this on these forums than I recall in the early 2000s! Now, I am no american product apologist (dont ask me about cars), but if you dont think HD makes the finest quality cruiser on the market, then youre kidding yourself!!! The finishing of the engine, the controls, the paint, the finish on other machined surfaces is strikingly better on HD than japanese cruisers.

Old 01-31-2015, 07:39 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

It freaking kills me to look at the money that could have been made
if we all bought HD stock in March 2009 for $8.70!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:07 PM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by fox chaser
I get a kick out of all the stereotypes. You gotta be able to laugh at yourself.

And Mark, Harley DID have cutting-edge technology back in 1914

Originally Posted by Ragtop
It freaking kills me to look at the money that could have been made
if we all bought HD stock in March 2009 for $8.70!
Not to mention Google and Apple before they got so freakin' huge.

Quick Reply: Harley-Davidson Reports 2014 Fiscal Results